Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio M65 C-1 power supply dead - NO standby voltage

Hello!
    I was given this Vizio because it would freeze up after a few minutes of operation. There were no obvious burns marks or failures. When I was checking the power supply - I slipped & shorted it (tiny crackle & spark) at one of the 12 volt pins - now the entire board is dead & has NO standby voltage @ the connector to the main board.

The fuse at the power input is reading good - the main caps are reading in the 160's & all the diodes read good except one (D9103 - pictured) - but it only reads bad in circuit - I pulled it & it tests o.k.

There doesn't seem to be getting power to the cold side of the board anymore...

Any help, direction or what/where to test would be greatly appreciated - Mike

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: Vizio M65 C-1 power supply dead - NO standby voltage

Check R9201 (0.1 ohm) resistor.

Power supply within this pdf
    https://www.electronica-pt.com/esque...6.1e-la-69941/
    Last edited by dick_barton; 11-30-2020, 09:34 AM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Reading 0.4

Comment

That would appear to be OK.
        So you have no secondary voltages at all; no standby voltage?

R9841 looks like one of the legs is not soldered in. It could be just the photo?
        Last edited by dick_barton; 11-30-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

No standby - no 12v, no 24v - nothing seems to be making it to the cold side.

GREAT eye though - R9841 was missing solder on 1/2 of the pin.

Comment

What voltage do you have across C9141 (VCC) and also across R9102 (BNO) at switch on.
            Last edited by dick_barton; 11-30-2020, 12:53 PM.

Comment

R9012 = .51 dcv

c9141 = 0.0 dcv

Comment

Check R9113, if ok, then check the values of R9137, R9138 & R9139
                Last edited by R_J; 11-30-2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

If there is no voltage across C9141 then there is no supply to run the IC9101 and therefore to switch mosfet Q9101 to power transformer T9101 to provide the secondary voltages.

My error - the resistor to check the voltage across was R9102 not R9012

Can you check the voltage across C9109 and C9103 at standby and switch on.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                    If there is no voltage across C9141 then there is no supply to run the IC9101 and therefore to switch mosfet Q9101 to power transformer T9101 to provide the secondary voltages.

No - my bad - it was the 9102 - i mis-typed it as 9012...

Comment

Are you using hot ground to check these voltages in the primary? If you are using the schematic, there are two sets of series resistors coming from point N, check the voltage at point N and then after each resistor in the series. Point V is the startup vcc supply point

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post

Again, my bad - the 9141 is reading 00.4 when testing dcv in the 200m setting of my multimeter.

Comment

R9113 = 00.3

r9137 = 14.9
                          r9138 = 14.9
                          r9139 = 18.2

Comment

Plugged in:

C9103 = 4.5 dcv

C9109 = .7 dcv
                            Last edited by funkmunk3y; 11-30-2020, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Unplugged:

C9103 = 0.0

C9101 = 0.0

The longer I held it there the lower it went... same for plugged in but climbing up.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                                Are you using hot ground to check these voltages in the primary? If you are using the schematic, there are two sets of series resistors coming from point N, check the voltage at point N and then after each resistor in the series. Point V is the startup vcc supply point
                                I am not using the schematic - I cannot read one - I am an amateur at best.

Comment

Originally posted by funkmunk3y View Post
                                  R9113 = 00.3

r9137 = 14.9
                                  r9138 = 14.9
                                  r9139 = 18.2
                                  One end of R9139 should connect to one end of R9113, is R9113 ok? it should be 5R1Ω

Comment

R9113 reads 3.5Ohms

Comment

R9139 = 18.2
                                      Is this Dc voltage? what are you using for ground?
                                      Check the resistance between J934 (this is one end of R9139) and C9109 + and then to R9113
                                      Last edited by R_J; 11-30-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                                        Is this Dc voltage? what are you using for ground?
                                        Yes, DCV - I was measuring across from solder joint to solder joint

Comment

Working...
                                        X