This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Well herro everyone. I like to make fixxey and I hope this site will further my fixxying career n whatnot.

Comment

Hello to all, from Croatia!

Comment

Hi, I am erictech7, have about 7 years computer tech experience, installing software and hardware, updates, mass installs of OS's. We went from 286's to Pentium 3's in that time.

I was a tech in the Navy, and now I dabble with electronics, relearning all the stuff I forgot in about 20 years.

My first computer was a Christmas present in junior highschool, a Timex Sinclair, but I was not much into programming.

Then I learned how to use Excel on a Tandy 1000, I believe it was.

Then in the Navy I used DOS 3.5 on an ancient machine for doing ocean temps and environmental data.
        While in the Navy I bought a Gateway 2000 Pentium 2 and I had to learn how to fix it. I became pretty proficient at it, formatting, partitioning, even installing linux distros.

So now I am back to electronics again.

Right now I am learning how to test and observe how individual components act and look on an oscilloscope, how to set up test equipment so I don't accidently short my scope and destroy it.

Comment

Hello everyone,
          My name is Edwin, I live in the Netherlands near Eindhoven.
          I am an engineer by profession, designing software and electronics.
          I also have a hobby playing with radio, my call sign is PA2LVD.
          I have been breaking and fixing things since I can walk, that is about 40 years...
          My blog is www.hexnut.net.
          I have taken on a challenge, to fix a TV that other people have not been able to fix.
          I learned that expertise about these things is found in this forum, hence my presence here,
          Best regards,
          Edwin

Comment

alo a todos muito bom forum eu sou de portugal

Comment

Hello - I go way back to the 1980s where I was fixing TRS-80 computers and CollecoVision game controllers. Now I dabble with iPads and laptops.

Comment

Hi all.
                I'm Brian, in the Pacific Northwest, I've been lurking this site off and on for years, the name got my attention; my first build was a Pentium 3 on one of the abit boards that were blowing caps like popcorn makers.
                First computer I messed with was a Ti-994a that a teacher would bring to electronics club (yeah I'm that big of a geek) it was a + model with the internal cassette tape memory.
                After that I used to spend afternoons in a radio shack by my grandmother's house banging away on a trs-80. Back then radio shack employees knew their stuff when it came to electronics and had no problem with some kid spending 5 hours a day, every day, learning BASIC in the store.
                They had these books full of code for games, you just transcribed them. Then spent 20 hours troubleshooting the code. Then 5 minutes playing the stupid game, get bored, rinse, repeat.
                I have been wrapped up of late building an stm32 based soldering iron station, just to, you know, round out my geek cred.
                Then my (supposedly) high end xps13 took a dump, tracked it down to a Dell mystery meat component and need a schematic.
                Low and behold, I ran back into BadCaps and figured I could use some geekly company, and, uh...yeah. Howdy!

Comment

My name is Dovydas, i very love my work: refurbishing, soldering, data recovery from phones. I am doing it more then 15 years.

Dealing with laptop simple problems. Want improve my knowledge.

My rotate is: ā€œDo best you doā€

Comment

bonjour

je m'appel gerald, je me suis inscrit car j'aime bien l'Ć©lectronique, j'ai un niveau cap

et je veux progresser en Ć©lectronique et j'aurais besoin d'aide et de lire les post

merci pour votre accueil

Comment

Hi there !
                      Cyber here. Electronics and computing junkie.
                      Stumbled here searching info on how to fix the damned HP Z800 PSU!
                      Decided to register since I've been really surprised for the plethora and quality of information here.
                      Hope I can collaborate
                      Cheers !

Comment

hello guys im new here

Comment

hi

Comment

I noticed that my laptop technician is browsing this website to download a bios file for my corrupted bios. I signed up here to learn new things.

Comment

Have to be a member to view pictures. Refuse to drink Kool-Aid, though.

Comment

great web site and worth registering

Comment

hi new member. hope to get info to fix my LED tv.

Comment

Hey gang,

I live on the Boston area, and I am an amateur repairer of laser printers. I came across some with PS issues and I'm attempting some repairs. But it'll be my first time back to electronics since I gave up on making home stereos many years ago. I'll post some photos and project specs once my posting privelagea are enabled.

I came across this while doing research to repair a power supply.

Comment

Hello guys. I wrote from spain. My english is limitated. Sorry.

Comment

Hello all.
                                        It is a pleasure to be connected to such a helpful community! I have always seen myself as someone who fixes things, though my better half has reminded me, I really only collect broken electronics with the best intentions to fix them.
                                        I'm going to try a bit harder, I swear! My Dell 3008WFP with its suspect BGA soldering, a Benchmark DAC1 that doesn't power on and the Arcam Alpha 9 amplifier that died the same day are all counting on my doing better this time.
                                        Thanks for creating a community that is so inspiring and supportive of the right to repair.
                                        k.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum as I'm getting back into component level repair. Been out of the business for a while, but I decided to get back into it as I love the challenge and buzz from repairing junk, then turning it into something useful.

I hope to contribute as much as I can.

All the best,

Paul.

Comment

Working...
                                          X