Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

large caps to replace battery in my car

is anyone instrested in replaceing there car battery with large caps
    I have tec want to be the desire to try it from you tube video but am just remedial electronic

Re: large caps to replace battery in my car

I'm not sure why you would want to replace your car battery and resort to trying to use capacitors? It seams very impractical, as to what advantage would you ever gain in doing so?

Comment

Originally posted by baron223 View Post
      is anyone instrested in replaceing there car battery with large caps
      I have tec want to be the desire to try it from you tube video but am just remedial electronic
      Post link to youtube video. "Is", "interested", "replacing" "their", "tech", "youtube", etc...

Most relevant keyword: "remedial"

Comment

this goes back to 6 months ago when I was looking at inverters for energy source when Edison was not available.
        to answer question I thought it would be cheeper but at a risk. I also needed a battery for my car at the time. in you tube there is a person that used think it was 6 Maxwell large capacitirs don't remember size but he did it and it ran the car and left radio on all night and the car started next day. it worked with the alt same as battery.
        same person used car battery inverter and capacitors th power drill press when no energy was available it drilled 28 holes not much but idea was good to me since I face same situation many times.
        I am just getting into this stuff and find it interesting
        also like to learn to run 5000 btu air conditioner with solar power like I saw also on you tube
        my original reason for joining this forum was to try to fix sony tv that does not get picture
        all else I can gain in knowledge I am greatful for
        thanks for looking at my post

Comment

maxwell capacitors for car battery hi type this in you tube search engine a lot of things
          hope will be interesting

Comment

maxwell capacitors for car battery

type above in you tube search engine many videos available

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE-v9KiAaVo

Comment

https://youtu.be/z3x_kYq3mHM

Comment

https://youtu.be/GPJao1xLe7w working model capacitor battery for car
                  Last edited by baron223; 07-19-2015, 11:18 PM.

Comment

^do what you will. I'm staying with lead acid cells. Like I stuck with tube radios
                    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Reserve Capacity?

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
                        Reserve Capacity?
                        poor.

Comment

Originally posted by baron223 View Post
                          this goes back to 6 months ago when I was looking at inverters for energy source when Edison was not available.
                          to answer question I thought it would be cheeper but at a risk. I also needed a battery for my car at the time. in you tube there is a person that used think it was 6 Maxwell large capacitirs don't remember size but he did it and it ran the car and left radio on all night and the car started next day. it worked with the alt same as battery.
                          same person used car battery inverter and capacitors th power drill press when no energy was available it drilled 28 holes not much but idea was good to me since I face same situation many times.
                          I am just getting into this stuff and find it interesting
                          also like to learn to run 5000 btu air conditioner with solar power like I saw also on you tube
                          my original reason for joining this forum was to try to fix sony tv that does not get picture
                          all else I can gain in knowledge I am greatful for
                          thanks for looking at my post
                          For starters I highly doubt the person left radio on all night to which the car started the next day. Supercapacitors have very low energy densities, thus they would not be able to sustain an amount of discharge for a extended amount of time. That would mean that a series of supercapacitors in a size that would be comparable to a battery of similar size would most likely be out preformed by a battery by 30 times or more. If a battery could not last a night with the radio on, there would be no chance a supercapacitor ever would.

For an everyday practical use in a car, a supercapacitor would serve no benefit what so ever that I could see. If a car were to be left untouched of an extended amount of time, a bank of supercapacitors would surely discharge to which there wouldn't be enough power to start a vehicle. Until they improve the Wh/kg I don't see supercapacitors serving any practical purpose in vehicles. Also please don't PM me again about the issue, you can keep it to the post.

Comment

ok thanks for your response
                            please excuse pm quick reply is what I should have used

Comment

think I will start with smaller project a super capacitor flashlight it will be built in Pakistan and marketed world wide by nra

Comment

should have looked on internet before original posting
                                think Volvo is working on
                                size problem by installing caps in side panels of car

Comment

Working...
                                X