Nichicon - No series identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nichicon - No series identification

I have some Nichicon 10 uF 16 V 105° caps out of a Bose sound system with no series markings just A427 which I assume is a date code? Don't know if they were specially built for Bose or they are just general purpose caps. They are in the secondary of a SMPS. I'm guessing a low ESR cap would be the proper replacement?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ghiotom; 03-29-2021, 07:35 PM.

Re: Nichicon - No series identification

Linear regulators - you could use anything there.
    10uf 50v panasonic FR or even 10uf 35v tantalums would work

Comment

Most curious design here.

Agree with the analysis that these are linear and do not require low ESR caps, this does appear to be part of a SMPS of some sort and there should be larger input side filtering that I don't see, or this is really low current circuitry that might be wasting more power or $$ by using SMPS here...? Maybe because I'm just not seeing the whole schematic...

Comment

Here's the full schematic. Those two capacitors highlighted in the first post had ESR 0f 8.6-8.8 ohms each. The two Mosfets (Q101, Q102) had blown and after replacing them along with the controller(U101), several resistors (R101-R104), and Mosfet Q103, I got it working. That lasted about 3 months before they blew again. Just trying to figure out what's happening to the Mosfets.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X