Receiver Onkyo HT-R570 no sound .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiver Onkyo HT-R570 no sound .

My receiver stopped playing any sound suddenly. I tried all the entrees and nothing.
    I decided to measure +/- 7V which are responsible for the operation of the R2A15218FP chip, and the + 7V was only +6V. I measured the + 15V and it was only + 14V. The line - 7V, was ok. After many measurements and exchange of some caps, I realized that when I disconnect the turner pack, the + 7V returns to normal, but the -7V drops to -6V. From the tests I did, it does not seem to be a source problem. Any idea? Thank you very much, because this receiver is really hard to repair.

Re: Receiver Onkyo HT-R570 no sound .

Do you hear speaker protection relays click on a few seconds later after turning on the receiver?
    Do you get audio at the RCA Tape out jacks on the rear panel of the receiver?
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Yes I hear speaker protection relays click on a few seconds later.
      No audio at the RCA Tape out jacks on the rear panel of the receiver.

Comment

I changed the Tuner Pack and the problem remained the same. It may be some circuit that may be draining more current than it should. I measured the current that the Turner Pack is consuming and it was 60mA, less than specified in the service manual (100mA).
        Last edited by RogerioBarbosa; 07-18-2019, 03:43 PM. Reason: Incomplete

Comment

Any help?

Comment

Have you tried doing a master reset on the receiver

Comment

Thank you, Yes I did.
              It seems to be really an electronic problem. I made a table with the V + and V- with the Turner pack and without the Turner pack.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Should be +22V / -B / +15V / +7V / - 7V
              With Turner pack +20.2V / -31.6V / +8.9V / +1V / -12.7V
              Without Turner pack +27,1V / -26V / +15,5V / +7,5V / -6,1V
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Any suggestion?
              Thank´s a lot.

Comment

I forgot -15 V, With turner pack -> -20,5V
                Without turner pack -> -13,8V

Comment

+- 15V power supply and +- 7V power supply and service manual.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The tuner should not effect the NO AUDIO condition. The amp should operate without it connected to P101A and the tuner operates from 9 volts which is supplied via Q111 from the +12 [+15v] volt supply
                    I can't see how connecting the tuner pack would have that much effect on the voltages, unless it's vcc is shorted.

If the tuner +9VTU is shorted, that would kill the 9 volts on Q111 and load the +15 volts causing it to drop. or Q111 could be shorted?
                    Last edited by R_J; 07-20-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

tuner is ok I exchanged the original for another and the problem persisted. I'll check the transistor. Thank you.

Comment

what I do not understand how the tuner can affect the -15V power suply, if its power suply is only + 9V, derived from the + 15V .

Comment

It almosts looks like an open ground somewhere. If you are working on the amp with it disassembled, it could be a ground path is missing, this happens a lot with these amps, as an example they sometimes rely on the rear plate for completing the ground between some of the boards.
                          Last edited by R_J; 07-20-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=R_J;906254]It almosts looks like an open ground somewhere. If you are working on the amp with it disassembled, it could be a ground path is missing, this happens a lot with these amps, as an example they sometimes rely on the rear plate for completing the ground between some of the boards.[/QUOTE]

+1

That may explain why you have that strange reading below in your post 8:
                            "I forgot -15 V, With turner pack -> -20,5V
                            Without turner pack -> -13,8V"

Most of these rely on metal chassis to complete the circuit ground, that is why it is important to make sure all the board mounting screws are tight.
                            Last edited by budm; 07-20-2019, 02:28 PM.
                            Never stop learning
                            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thank you very much. You are completly right! When I put the 37 screws back into the back cover, all +/- V returned to normal. I was putting some screws back in place to measure. But now the original problem persists: No sound. It all started when I decided to measure the +/- 7V, because for me the problem is in the Q5501 IC that seems not to be working. I do not know how to test it, I started by testing the +/- 7V, and measured + 6V instead of + 7V. I thought this is the problem because this IC works with values between +6.5V and 7.5V, but I was wrong about +7V because now with the back screws I have +/- 7V back on the IC. I do not know if this IC could burn. But the problem appeared after the device had been disconnected for a year. A year before when I turned it off, it was working perfectly, when I turned it on a year later it did not have any sound. I thought: some cap must have dried up. Now I do not know what to do, because changing that IC is not so simple. and I'm not sure if the problem is really in Q5501. Any suggestion?

Comment

With +/- 7V ok, I've injected audio into the CD IN, CAB / SAT IN jacks, and got audio out on TV / TAPE OUT, This suggests that the Q5501 IC is ok. The inputs are being switched by IC. So why do not I have audio output? I went back into the darkness. I tried to find datasheet of R2A15218FP, but I could not get the pdf. Any suggestion? Thank you.

Comment

Does this receiver have the speaker test/setup feature? Page 25 of owners manual,
                                  Use q/w to select “Audyssey Quick Start” or “Audyssey 2EQ Full Calibration"
                                  If it does this should produce test tones to check the outputs.
                                  It's hard to trace audio signals without a scope.

Comment

Thank you,Yes, it has speaker test/setup feature, but no sound during the test.
                                    I think the receiver is muting, because there is a protection circuit that doesn't allow the sound to reach the power amplifiers in case of something goes wrong. I measured the *V at the base of one of these transistors, and it is positive(2,5V), indicating that it is conducting and ground the power amplifier imput signal , after the pre-anplifier.(Q5600 at part5:G5).The problem now is: Why this V at the transistor base? There is a signal called AMUT, I don´t know exatly it means, but could be this signal that is doing the transistor ground the signal that goes to the power amplifiers.

Comment

This signal (AMUT) is controlled by a signal from the Q701 IC called AMUT_COM (I also don't know what this signal means). But I suppose it should act in case the something goes wrong. I don´t know what yet. Any suggestion? Thank you very much.

Comment

Is there a MUTE button on the remote? and does it change this line? This looks like it is only for muting the audio and not for any protection in case of a fault.
                                        AMUT_CON = audio mute control, It is just the control line for the mute circut.
                                        Last edited by R_J; 07-21-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X