Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denon AVR-X1000 (E300) Protection Mode help requested

Hi,

I've seen a few posts about the dreaded Protect mode, which my X1000 just started displaying.

The history shows PRT:THERMAL B, but it seems to be dependent on the connection of BN205 (Main bd to digital) as described in the service manual. (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...-Avr-E300.html)
    If BN205 is connected, it shows PRT: THERMAL B, and shuts down in a few seconds. If disconnected, it show PRT: DC and shuts down in a couple minutes.

My understanding from reading elsewhere is that it shouldn't shut down at all when BN205 is disconnected, since the MCU is then disconnected from the main Board...leading me to believe the problem is somewhere in the detection circuit on the digital board, not a problem on the main board. Does this seem like a reasonable conclusion? (The voltages on 4,5,6,7 on CN771 when connected are 0,0,.05,.05V, BTW..nothing like documented)

With BN205 still disconnected, I followed the schematic back to pin 133 on the MCU (DC/DET/ASO) and found 3.3V..which increases my suspicion it's a problem on the digital board.

Starting to focus on the PROTECT PARTS part of the schematic, (Q7712 area) but have not yet drawn any conclusion, and not sure how to narrow my focus.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! It's the heart of my entertainment system and I'd like to get it back in commission!

Thanks,
    Robert

Re: Denon AVR-X1000 (E300) Protection Mode help requested

I think that cpu pin is supposed to have 3.3v and it gets pulled down during an error condition.

But I do think you're right about disconnecting BN502 in that it should prevent the amp from shutting down. Monitor those four error lines for state change when powered up but disconnected as they should not change.

Comment

Working...
    X