Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transformer for HP zr24w

Originally posted by douardda View Post

A TNY279 only cost a dollar or 2, so just replace it and you'll see if it is indeed the cause of your failure (I also bet it is).
    Yes, it was it. All works fine after replacing of TNY279.
    Thank U gratefully. U really helped me to save ZR24w. Your story of repair was the only that I had found.

Is that a common problem fo PSUs? I have the old TFT-TV with the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DENis_S View Post
      Thank U gratefully. U really helped me to save ZR24w. Your story of repair was the only that I had found.

Good to hear you got it working.

No, usually those offline SMPS ICs are not a common problem. Most of the time it's the caps that go bad in LCD monitors, followed by the occasional rectifier... and of course, backlight issues (bad CCFLs, inverter transformers, inverter transistors, etc.). The offline SMPS ICs rarely go, but I suppose there could be some specific PSU models that have these particular issues. Now that there are two of you who encountered this particular issue with this monitor, it is quite possible many other zr24w monitors are like that.

Comment

Hi all. I just repaired my defective HP ZR24w by replacing the TNY279. Seems quite common with these displays. In my case, the TNY279 had actually exploded, ripping of the top part. Thank you for describing problem and solution so well.

Comment

hp zr 24w
          exploded
          Attached Files

Comment

Please help,
            i my case... TNY dead and rezistor R961 same and I dont know value or type ("burn"). Thanks for reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Paxancz View Post
              Please help,
              i my case... TNY dead and rezistor R961 same and I dont know value or type ("burn"). Thanks for reply.
              Show us the pictures of YOUR whole board, and the pictures of this R961 location.
              Never stop learning
              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by johnatan View Post
                Hi,

can you please send me marking of IC I907?

thnx
                i have the same issue with johnatan. blown IC 1907. what part number is that? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by balobi View Post
                  i have the same issue with johnatan. Blown ic 1907. What part number is that? Thanks!
                  ic 1907 - tny279pn

Comment

Originally posted by DENis_S View Post

Do you have schematics of this

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                      Good to hear you got it working.

No, usually those offline SMPS ICs are not a common problem. Most of the time it's the caps that go bad in LCD monitors, followed by the occasional rectifier... and of course, backlight issues (bad CCFLs, inverter transformers, inverter transistors, etc.). The offline SMPS ICs rarely go, but I suppose there could be some specific PSU models that have these particular issues. Now that there are two of you who encountered this particular issue with this monitor, it is quite possible many other zr24w monitors are like that.
                      I would appreciate if a schematic for this psu would be uploaded

Comment

Originally posted by Arokiaraj View Post
                        I would appreciate if a schematic for this psu would be uploaded
                        https://whatever.sdfa3.org/hp-zr24w-psu-repair.html

Comment

Originally posted by gunnish View Post
                          I measured the power supply, 5V is ok, but 12 V and 19 V reads 0 V, just plain dead.

So i measured the caps and diodes, they are fine. So then I looked at one of the transformers, the resistance between the conductors on the secondary is 0.2 ohm, so short circuit.

How do I find a replacement transformer, I really don't understand the markings.
                          I know this is an old post, but I'm looking for the schematics of the zr24w power supply, if someone can help me it will be very appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X