Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacitor advice

Hi all

The time has come to replace the caps on the power supply board of my LG TV. It works fine when it is on but it is a pain to switch on which is a common fault apparently. All the caps currently in there are the original ones from the factory.

The main filter cap is a Sam Young KMF which is for SMPS applications but the second in the circuit is a Sam Young KMG which seems to be a general purpose capacitor. All the rest of the capacitors on the board are Sam Young NXB capacitors which are for SMPS applications. It does not make sense why all the caps on the board are specific for SMPS applications with the exception of these 2 KMG ones (680uf 50v).

I want to replace all the caps with Panasonic FR ones which seems to be a good choice for the KMF and NXB ones but am stuck on deciding on a suitable replacement for these KMG ones. Any ideas?

I asume that the current Sam Young datasheets are still applicable for caps from 2011 anyway?

Re: Capacitor advice

Whats the TV model number,and the power board part number
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: Capacitor advice

TV is a LG 42LD490

Power board is, EAX61124201/16 REV 1.3

It is a 10 year old TV that has sometimes been on 24 hours a days and is still on its original caps so has done well and deserves a bit of TLC

Comment

Working...
      X