Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onkyo TX-SR606

Hi,

I am repairing an old Onkyo TX-SR606 with a bad HDMI board. I replaced most of all the caps and the board is back alive. However i don't have an OSD or any output signal on component video. It is caused by an empty video EEPROM Q8085 probably damaged or wiped because of the bad powersupply on the HDMI board.

I search everywhere but i can't find the firmware file. Does anyone have the Q8085 firmware bin file for this receiver and willing to share?

Kind regards
    Arnold

Re: Onkyo TX-SR606

I believe I have this ic around here programmed. It was given me by a member here if memory serves. I do not have the bin but if you are patient I can dump it but it may take some time for me to get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
      I believe I have this ic around here programmed. It was given me by a member here if memory serves. I do not have the bin but if you are patient I can dump it but it may take some time for me to get to it.

That would be great

Comment

Originally posted by debruina View Post
        Hi,

I am repairing an old Onkyo TX-SR606 with a bad HDMI board. I replaced most of all the caps and the board is back alive. However i don't have an OSD or any output signal on component video. It is caused by an empty video EEPROM Q8085 probably damaged or wiped because of the bad powersupply on the HDMI board.

I search everywhere but i can't find the firmware file. Does anyone have the Q8085 firmware bin file for this receiver and willing to share?

Kind regards
        Arnold

What was the initial problem ? is it no sound?

Comment

Originally posted by srt1 View Post
          What was the initial problem ? is it no sound?
          The initial problem was a bad right channel causing the amp to go into protect. I repaired the channel and checked out the preamp board for bad caps. After that the sound was fine. Then i found out the HDMI didn't work at all. I checked the DC converters on the HDMI board and there was a lot of noise on the output voltages. I replaced all the 100uF/4V capacitors and later i replaced all the other 220/470 capacitors. After that the HDMI started working again.

Then i noticed the OSD didn't work and after some checking also the component / svideo was dead. Now the videocontroller gets its instructions from an eeprom Q8085. I removed it to check if it was bad. I could read the eeprom without a problem but it was empty. My guess is that the bad DC converters were oscilating so badly that it eventualy wiped the eeprom.

I found an image of a TX-SR605 and i flashed the eeprom with it. The OSD started working so i know this is the solution. However the OSD menu of the 605 is different as of the 606 so the menus don't match. I just need one working TX-SR606

The 606 generates a lot of heat. I measured the driver circuit at 70 degrees celsius at 6Ohm. The HDMI board is on top of that. Most capacitors are 85 deg. versions. Thats just asking for trouble.
          Last edited by debruina; 08-10-2021, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Hi sorry for the delay. Are you still looking for this bin ?

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
              Hi sorry for the delay. Are you still looking for this bin ?
              Yes i am still looking for it
              Last edited by debruina; 09-06-2021, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Bad news. Unfortunately this ic appears to be blank. It gets recognized properly but reads all FF's. I tried a different flash ic and it reads fine. Sorry for the let-down.
                Attached Files

Comment

Too bad, but thanks for the effort

Comment

I got another 606 to repair with a bad HDMI board. But it still had a working videoprocessor so i could make a copy of the firmware in Q8085

So if you need it see the attachment
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by debruina View Post
                      I got another 606 to repair with a bad HDMI board. But it still had a working videoprocessor so i could make a copy of the firmware in Q8085

So if you need it see the attachment
                      Thanks for the firmware debruina. I got the rca video inputs and OSD working again on my SR606. HDMI itself was working ok.The VD displayed ????????? and the Q8085 was indeed blank. I replaced all the 100uF 4V caps too. The sr606 q8085 firmware did not work first time but the sr607 firmware did, although OSD only had three options. I then reflashed your SR606 Q8085 firmware and works perfect. I used a ch341a and had to take chip off with hot air as could not get sop8 clip working.

Comment

Debruina,

Would you happen to have the latest firmware for the following Onkyo TX-SR606:
                        Main / DSP / SR / VID

Thanks for your help.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X