Asus x541na ic 2N=4H replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus x541na ic 2N=4H replacement

Hi i have an asus mobo x541na with an overheating ic named 2N=4H A that i could not find any information about it does anyone know the equivlent of this ic and in what mobo i can find it and thankx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-12-2021, 07:33 AM. Reason: E406MA

Re: Asus x541na ic 2N=4H replacement

2N=4H is Richtek RT8249CGQW

Datasheet is attached. Should be available on Aliexpress.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      2N=4H is Richtek RT8249CGQW

Datasheet is attached. Should be available on Aliexpress.
      Thank you very very mush my good sir

Comment

Re: Asus E406MA ic 2N=4H replacement

Originally posted by zikobiko View Post
        Hi i have an asus mobo x541na with an overheating ic named 2N=4H A that i could not find any information about it does anyone know the equivlent of this ic and in what mobo i can find it and thankx
        Got the same problem. Looking for more opinions.

Comment

Re: Asus E406MA ic 2N=4H replacement

Originally posted by juds View Post
          Got the same problem. Looking for more opinions.
          2 options - short in the component itself or(and) short in the mosfets that controls.

Comment

Hello; so, today get in my hands second mainboard with the same behaviour. And i want to understand.
            So chip RT8249CGQW make 5v and 3,3volts, correct?
            (in my picture right coil i take it out, will get back to this shortly).
            Attached Files

Comment

Not anyone knows?

Comment

1) Check the resistance to ground on each coil linked to this regulator. NO power during resistance checks. If there is a low resistance then there is a short on that line.

2) If you lift one leg of the coil, you are isolating the 2 sides of the circuit (upstream = this regulator / downstream = the load being powered by the same regulator rail).

Then check again, what is the resistance to ground. If the issue is downstream, often the suggestion is to inject 1 volt (not higher) onto the downstream rail. Then check what is the current draw and who is heating up. Keep the voltage low, just in case the CPU is receiving the same power rail through a leaky high side mosfet.

Comment

from my experience , it can be that you have a shorted EC

2N supplying 3v-LDO with max 100 mA to power the EC

you can try inject 3 volts (limit power supply to 0.5 amps) to pin3 of this chip and see if more then 100 mA is pulled, if yes, see if EC getting hot
                  Last edited by koby058; 07-26-2023, 03:10 PM.

Comment

2N= is pwm regulator for 3V/5V. It'll become hot when there is short on consumer side(most likely). Shorted 3V LDO is most common cause. Another reason could be shorted RTC section.

Comment

@mon2: rezistance to ground from left coil is 3 kohm, wich i think is ok. On the right coil is short, 0,3ohm(probes rezistance is 0,1ohm); as you can see in first picture, i take it out the coil, and then i have on low part of mainboard, to that mosfet, 1,5mohm, and in upper part i have that short, 0,3ohm
                      I inject in upper part 1V and is taking 1,1amp and raise by itself to 1,35amp; nothing is heat up noticeable; only the cpu get slightly warm, even if i let it without radiator and i let it ~5 minutes, is slightly warm a bit

@koby058: i think you remember something wrong; ene KB902 pin3 is INT SERIRQ; but pin 33 is +3VA EC, and have a big caps on this pin to ground, so i think this is pin who power on ec; on this pin i have 9kohm; if i inject 3volts, current take is ~10miliamps

@mcplslg123: "Shorted 3V LDO is most common cause. Another reason could be shorted RTC section." can you give another hint where to look?

Comment

Pictures with mainboard:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi there; any hint about my problem? thank you

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                            2N= is pwm regulator for 3V/5V. It'll become hot when there is short on consumer side(most likely). Shorted 3V LDO is most common cause. Another reason could be shorted RTC section.
                            More then enough hint has been given. You need to act now.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                              More then enough hint has been given. You need to act now.
                              I already act, i write 3 post ago with my measurements; but, how i can find out is not the cpu in short?

Comment

I still cant see your measurement of resistance to GND on 3V LDO.

Comment

Working...
                                X