This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best cheap/free scores 1.1

I got 2 52u racks full of 6u supermicro boards with 6 gpus from a coin mining group that went under, I have yet to look at what's in them but for $500 I don't I'll be in bad shape.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
      I got 2 52u racks full of 6u supermicro boards with 6 gpus from a coin mining group that went under, I have yet to look at what's in them but for $500 I don't I'll be in bad shape.
      Pics or it didn't happen.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

I'll get pics when I get them home.

Comment

They sold 200 of them, I went with a friend and he said he would sell me 2 for $500 if I helped him haul them tomorrow, I think he bought 9 lots of 5 and spent like 40k or so.

Comment

He might sell me more if ask, he has no way to haul stuff and normally asks me when it's a big load as I have access to a tracker and box and have a CDL.

Comment

This load would be way more than a pickup truck or tow trailer could haul.

Comment

This load would be way more than a pickup truck or tow trailer could haul.
                2 empty racks (yet still very heavy) barely fit in an 8ft bed of a half ton....let alone 2 loaded ones (assuming they're fully enclosed). I could probably get 4~6 loaded ones on my car hauler pulled by my 1-ton, loaded & unloaded with a forklift.....but yeah, he'll need a semi for all that.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

45 52u racks is a big load, but will fit in a 40ft box.

Comment

That's why I'm getting my 2 form$500, I have the tractor and trailer and am driving.

Comment

ithink the racks even if they are old are worth 2k a pop easy, just a guess.

Comment

Loaded racks not empty not course.

Comment

No clue what board and what 6 you cards are in each unit but 4 units per rack and 2 racks means 8 boards and 48 gpus, I have never seen a board with 6 gpus but he said they were supermicro and I know they make some strange stuff so I took his word sight unseen, maybe they use risers, I don't know yet.

Comment

They are 6u so who knows.

Comment

I'm super excited to see them, not sure I can sleep.

Comment

Free scores for today:

MSI 865PE Neo3-V - LGA775, AGP, DDR400
                                ASRock G41M-VS3 - LGA775, DDR3
                                ASUS M2V-TVM - AM2, DDR2
                                Palit Radeon 9550 256MB AGP8x - missing caps
                                Main rig:
                                Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                                Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                                Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
                                16GB DDR3-1600
                                Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                                FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
                                120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
                                Delux MG760 case

Comment

A retired doctor called me to come get "junk" out of his office....

A few 3rd gen Intel I5 systems....some old Dell Pentium 4 system....

...but the pick of the litter!!

A Ricoh MPC305 professional grade color laser copier/scanner/printer. I was tickled to find it fully functional, full of toner, and even came with extra toner!!

This beast weighs 100lbs or so and very awkward to handle....it was all I could do to move it!! I'm keeping that one, this one machine allowed me to retire a couple others since it does it all! Me is happy!!

Pickup load!!

Testing all functions. Copies in BW and in color, same with printing. Scan function can be set up over LAN, so no need for USB to be connected.

Extra black toner.... Colors are all full, and the black that's installed is @ 77%. This thing uses the kookiest looking toner 'cartridges' I've ever seen....long (~18") cylindrical tubes....they look like uranium fuel rods...

This is the first printer I've ever had that will print on the back side of a page automatically (didn't have to re-feed the document for back side printing)....the first time it did it, I thought there was something wrong with it!!

Welcome home! There were 3 machines in that corner. One was moved up to the counter, the other two were retired. I spent an hour or so cleaning it up. Just some minor dust on exterior panels. Inside was very clean.

I haven't even looked at the PC's yet.....compared to this, they weren't important!
                                  Attached Files
                                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                  Team Stats

Comment

Got 30 or so iPhone 6s phones for not a lot of money.

All have mdm on them but have managed to bypass them after watching a few YouTube guides. Only issue is if you factory reset you have to do the bypass again.

Anyone had any luck completely removing for good or is that the best that can be done?

Comment

lazepaw is supposed to remove it, but i think you need to buy a "token" to run the software.

Comment

No clue what board and what 6 you cards are in each unit but 4 units per rack and 2 racks means 8 boards and 48 gpus, I have never seen a board with 6 gpus but he said they were supermicro and I know they make some strange stuff so I took his word sight unseen, maybe they use risers, I don't know yet.
                                        Yeah, if it was for mining stuff, the boards very likely have 1x slots with risers.

Hope you score some nice GPUs out of them! ...as in, decent gaming cards and not the silly p106 mining stuff (locked down GTX 1060) that will be worthless again when the crypto-boom goes bust (in which case, sell them ASAP.) Seems that due to crypto having picked up speed again, those cards are now selling for a lot more than they were a year ago (I could find them for about $30-50 back then.)

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                                        ...but the pick of the litter!!

A Ricoh MPC305 professional grade color laser copier/scanner/printer. I was tickled to find it fully functional, full of toner, and even came with extra toner!!

This beast weighs 100lbs or so and very awkward to handle....it was all I could do to move it!! I'm keeping that one, this one machine allowed me to retire a couple others since it does it all! Me is happy!!
                                        Nice!

I've been seeing large printers like this a lot in the last year due to offices in the area closing and no one wanting them. Was tempted many a times to pickup one, but thanks for letting me know how heavy it is! I did expect them to be quite heavy, but 100 lbs? Dang! That's about the max I can handle (for a very short distance), as I know from carrying my GDM-FW900 beasts around (they're at 95.)

Besides, it would be kind of waste to get one like that for myself as I barely print anything anymore. Maybe 10 pages per year or thereabouts. On that note, this is why I can't have any inkjunks around - they'd clog up with such infrequent printing. So I'm keeping an old Brother HL1440... though that one is starting to act a bit funky sometimes... but it still works for the most part, so still can't complain. It's been with me / my family for a good 15 years now.

This thing uses the kookiest looking toner 'cartridges' I've ever seen....long (~18") cylindrical tubes....they look like uranium fuel rods...

This is the first printer I've ever had that will print on the back side of a page automatically (didn't have to re-feed the document for back side printing)....the first time it did it, I thought there was something wrong with it!!

Those surely are nice, aren't they?
                                        I was never fancy enough to have a printer like that, but always cared for saving paper/trees, so always re-fed everything I printed to do back-side printing (typically first print the odd pages, then flip printed stack and re-print the even pages on back.)

....some old Dell Pentium 4 system....
                                        Those are some of my favorite Dell BTX cases in terms of design looks.
                                        Should be able to take Pentium D 8xx and 9xx series (probably better to go with 9xx, since they will run slightly cooler.) Maybe even early C2D??? IDK, but I think most of these run a i945 chipset, so they can run whatever that thing can (i.e. FSB 800 MHz max, either way.)
                                        Last edited by momaka; 05-30-2021, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Got a iPad Pro 128gb with the phone joblot for £20

Had a passcode on it but bough as worth more than that for parts.

Anyhow factory reset on iTunes, no iCloud or FMI on it, struck gold!

Comment

Working...
                                          X