Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus F555U dead

Hi,
    I have here this dead laptop- no lights, nothing. 19V rail is present, 3.3V is on pwr button, but on bios chip I have only 1V.
    +3VSUS = 0V
    VSUS ON 2.6V

What is this IC? PU8803

Motherboard: asus x555uj rev 2.0
    I attached boardview. Have someone schematic for this model please?

MOD Edit: Boardview - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91136

Thanks for any answer.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-04-2023, 05:14 AM.

Re: Asus F555U dead

What is the resistance to ground on +3VSUS?
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Resistance to ground is 0.17ohm. But I can't find what is shorted. Nothing hot here.

Comment

PU8803 provide also the voltage to EC if pin 13-14 have low resistance probably there is a problem with EC

Comment

+3VA_EC is present, there is no short. But I don't know why when I inject 3V from power supply to shorted power rail +3VSUS , power consumption is about 3-4A and there is not hot component. I can't find what is shorted.

Comment

Check the continuity on PU8803 PIN 6 -> 9 if there is not short then the short is on +VSUS line only and probably there is a short inside cpu, You should cut the SL2607 , SL2603 and Jp3301 , one by one and every time you cut (gently not in deph, remove only a small line of copper) measure the resistence again between +VSUS and GND if the short disappear power the motherboard again and check if +VSUS is 3.3V.
            Report measurement
            Last edited by jasko_jacker; 01-01-2020, 06:15 AM.

Comment

6 ->9 shorted and when I inject 3V voltage here chipset die was hot.. so my cpu is dead..

Comment

Remove PU8803 check resistance on pin 6 and pin 9
                If the short is on pin 6 and no on pin 9 no cpu dead
                If the short is on pin 9 and not on pin 6 you should cut
                the jumper so know cpu dead (no main power line)
                Report measurement

Comment

I removed PU8803 and short is on both pin 6 and pin 9

Comment

It's very strange, resistance on PU8803 between pin 6 and 9 without component ?

Comment

0.64ohm

Comment

+3VA_DSW->+3VSUS , it takes the voltage from the pu8803 chip If you open PJP8704, that the area A (see it on the pic) is completely isolated unless there is a problem on a chip (1-2-3). Your motherboard is the same as the pictures I sended
                        Attached Files

Comment

1,2,3,4, PJP8704 removed but nothing changed shorts here.. it's going inside motherboard and on components on both sides of the board..

Comment

definitely cpu is dead .. I cut off SL2614 - one side to cpu only and +3VA DSW short disappear and short is on cpu side..

Piernov and jasko_jacker thanks for answers.

Comment

Hi,

I also facing the same issue. When connected with the charger there no any lights, no power light. when press the power button nothing happened. I checked voltages as below,

3.3v available with the pwr button.
                              19.2v available with power section MOSFETs and resisters.

I checked the Winbond bios chip and it has 3.1v for pin 8

I'm a beginner at troubleshooting laptop motherboard and anyone can help to find the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                                +3VA_DSW->+3VSUS , it takes the voltage from the pu8803 chip If you open PJP8704, that the area A (see it on the pic) is completely isolated unless there is a problem on a chip (1-2-3). Your motherboard is the same as the pictures I sended
                                yes I have this same motherboard with the same model numbers

Comment

I also have the same problem in two boards, I cut SL2614 as suggested by DeniS182 and I measure the short only on the CPU side. Two cards same problem !!!
                                  Last edited by piernov; 12-13-2020, 12:31 PM. Reason: google translate

Comment

Hello, I also have x555uj. It doesn't hurt. 19 volts but no other voltage
                                    can you help me
                                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-26-2021, 12:19 PM. Reason: google translate

Comment

Sorry, a question someone know what are the mosfets that have top of the image? in boardview appears like PQ8302 &PQ8301I have in short this mosfets but in lens show me 6R0B06 and not appear neither replace.
                                      Cheers from Argentina and so sorry for my bad english

Comment

Hi, have dead X555UJ board. Short on +3VSUS line. When injecting voltage here all board is dead cold (monitored with thermal cam). Removed PJP8704, short is still there, but when connecting charger CPU starts to heat and there is a heat spot around PQ8811. Does that mean the CPU is dead?

Comment

Working...
                                        X