Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony str-dn850 home receiver no left channel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony str-dn850 home receiver no left channel.

Ok start off by saying I have some tv repair but not much on the receiver end.
    Picked up a Sony str-dn850 home receiver when I first plugged it in powered it up it came on and the system check relay clicked and about 3 seconds later it went into protection mode.
    I powered it off and on. Comes on no problem.
    Hooked up speakers and it started to pop and crackle but the volume was all the way down.. and I was only getting that sound out of the left channel. Right channel had no sound.. but every time I turn the volume up it has a smell crackling sound on ever volume number... and no other channels or sound was working but front speaker

Just tried it again and I only get sound from the right speakers but it still crackling and very very low music.(barely hear it)

Re: Sony str-dn850 home receiver no left channel.

Sony is known for crap solder joints in the amplifier section, reflow all the joints on the transisters and on all the bigger components and see if that fixes your problem.. I love Sony home theater receivers and car stereos, I think they sound better than most, but every Sony receiver I've owned I've had to reflow solder joints. They become cracked and the symptoms are pretty much what your describing

Comment

Re: Sony str-dn850 home receiver no left channel.

2 years ago but a classic protect relay problem of dirty contacts . more power more sparks more current gets through .

Comment

Working...
      X