Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenovo Yoga 500-14ISK - No battery charge

Originally posted by matkauton View Post
    Very useful theme. I will upload a picture with the exact resistor!
    Hi, so you unsolder 2 resistors and 1 capacitor and replace 10 ohm resistor?
    Why you desolder those items instead only replacing resistor?
    Thanks

Comment

I have yoga 500-15IBD with same malfunction.
      I've checked motherboard config and it is different.
      Have someone solution for my laptop?
      Thank you

Comment

Very useful theme. I will upload a picture with the exact resistor!
        thanks for the solution
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-11-2022, 02:54 AM.

Comment

I confirm motherboard same default but different behavior.it would sometimes charge the battery and work as normal but if the battery is too low it would not start(just on and off instantly).pr4413 had a value of 99.8k changing it to 10 ohms solves the problem.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have some new issue like laptop work with battery is ok but if i connect the charger remove battery then it turn off in 2 second. battery not charge bq24780 been changed what should i do help me.

Comment

Had the same Problem, but my Unit didn't Turn on at all anymore. AC OK missing on Charger Chip. Chip blown.
              Then I replaced Charger Chip, Unit worked again Fine.

Now after two weeks the flickering issue and not charging. Replaced resistor this morning to a 10 Ohms one but with bigger footprint.
              Charging and working again, I hope this works longer.

Comment

very useful theme. I will upload a picture with the exact resistor!
                that"s it
                thanks alot

Comment

Originally posted by teknikbursa View Post
                  find the resistor on image and change it with 10 ohm resistor
                  thank you teknikbursa
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-26-2022, 01:09 AM. Reason: edit full quote

Comment

Hi all. I'm having the same problem with my board. Confirmed that the 10 ohm resistor identified in the picture (where it says "This one") is blown on my board and is reading infinite resistance on the meter. I have another of the same board and on that board the resistance is 10 Ohms.

Is anyone able to confirm if this is a design flaw with these boards? I can use the other board as a donor and take it's IC and resistor and place it there (or buy them) but if it's likely to blow again I'd like to know what to do first.

Also, is it necessary to unsolder the two resistors and capacitor that matkauton removed? If so I can use one of the two 10 ohms resistors there to replace the faulty one.

Thanks for any help.
                    Last edited by Califauna; 01-05-2024, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Check resistance to GND on both pads of 10 Ohms resistor after de soldering. If the resistance is high,you can go ahead with replacing the faulty parts.However,one of the pads of 10 Ohms resistor may be shorted to GND and usually that indicates a faulty cap around charger IC.

Comment

After replacing the mentioned resistor this has been working for me for a few weeks now. I couldn't manage to solder it using an iron, so I used hot air.

Never sold anything this small before. When I received the packet of resistors I thought I had been ripped off and almost ordered another packet. All I could find were specks of dust until I thought to look at them using my phone as a microscope.

Comment

Working...
                        X