Microsoft's Biggest Blunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Microsoft's Biggest Blunder

I voted ME the worst, as it was bug-ridden and completely unstable, although 95.0 (original release) had some serious problems, and Vista was quirky as all get out.

I loved 2k, then went to XP64 when I got a dual-core machine, then up to W7 when I installed an SSD, and will be skipping W8 because the interface would eventually make me gnaw a limb off.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
      Windows 2000: Initial release February 17, 2000
      Windows ME: Initial release September 14, 2000
      Windows XP: Initial release October 25, 2001

I'm sorry but what the fuck where they thinking?
      Windows 9x was dead when Win2K got released which is based on the NT kernel.
      Releasing another 9x based OS after Win2K was madness at it's best ...
      This reminds me of a very funny episode back in the day .

Due to some clerical error, a local paper magazine presented the masses with a fully operational copy of Win2K CD (instead of an evaluation version) ... for the equivalent of about ten bucks. I still chuckle remembering .

http://translate.google.es/translate...error-programa

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
        they should of made a windows 7 "touch" edition for tablets, phones and just kept windows 7 for PC's. There will be no Win7 SP2 cause of win8

they're going to shove it down our throats, till we choke
        One more reason to stay with XP. I've really taken a liking to 7, but if they're going to prematurely end support for it (which MS is notorious for), there's no reason to move away from XP....as 8 will NEVER be on anything around here. 8 was just a premature ejaculation, and its going nowhere..... I'm so tired of playing 'wheres waldo' with icons and features...they shot themselves in the foot bigtime. Win9 might be interesting, and don't worry, at MS's rate, it'll be out within the next 6 months.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

here in Philippines Many Using xp Beter than to Vista. no.1 in Internet, in Application. well the other Specs a Good One Unit Used also win7 Than. windows 8 i not experiences not well because may Windows8 is Genuine
          Last edited by lorins_core; 01-05-2013, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lorins_core View Post
            here in Philippines Many Using xp to Vista. no.1 in Internet, in Application.
            Umm Ok?

That's the second or third quasi-nonsense post out of you...
            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

up . also win me. no one used here... hehehehe it is a Old School but Better to P2 Or P3 User..

Comment

up . also win me. no one used here... hehehehe it is a Old School but Better to P2 Or P3 User..
                Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                Umm Ok?

You did it again.
                sigpic

Comment

Umm Ok?

Well Sir it is my Opinion. i dont like a Argue to You. I Respect Any One Here. Would you Like to Respect a Point Of You.

Comment

Well Sir it is my Opinion. i dont like a Argue to You. I Respect Any One Here. Would you Like to Respect a Point Of You.
                    No, I respect your opinion... But when it's written as gibberish, nobody can understand what you really have to say.
                    sigpic

Comment

No, I respect your opinion... But when it's written as gibberish, nobody can understand what you really have to say.

Okey Sir. Sorry my English is Not Good. Till Next time.

Comment

Microsoft's biggest blunder isn't Windows any more. It's the killing of its Windows Live Messenger/MSN service, replacing it with bug-ridden, bloated, proprietary Skype.

Comment

Originally posted by Heihachi_73 View Post
                          Microsoft's biggest blunder isn't Windows any more. It's the killing of its Windows Live Messenger/MSN service, replacing it with bug-ridden, bloated, proprietary Skype.
                          How so?

My opinion:

MSN is like AOL mesanger (and to a degree, Yahoo chat)... from a bygone era when all that was practical was text (56k?). Times have changed.

Windows live sucks. Why?

Because it isn't cross platform. AFAIK, it only will run on windows. Hence the name.

Skype can run on virtually any mainstream OS (windows, mac, even linux (I use it on debian daily). Not only that, All platforms have seen at least one update since the microsoft merger. Even linux went from 4.0. to 4.1.x. So much for the "no more linux/mac support rumor.

I've not had too many bugs if any... maybe some skipping video, but that was probably my hardware not keeping up.

Skype seems to run pretty well on andriod OS too. Since the last update it's been pretty solid.

As for windows live, I've never used it, so I can't say. Maybe if it ran under linux I would have known more about it .
                          sigpic

Comment

i am ok with 7. unusually for me i am using genuine installs. i have complaints about office though. i think productivity was better with office 97.
                            capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Probably Vista Home Basic.

Comment

Originally posted by willawake View Post
                                i am ok with 7. unusually for me i am using genuine installs. i have complaints about office though. i think productivity was better with office 97.
                                Office 2007 is why I switched to OpenOffice.

Comment

Umm Ok?

He's from the Phillipines, so there's a bit of a language difference you'll have to understand. Trust me, I've seen far worse

Comment

Originally posted by Blargh523 View Post
                                    Office 2007 is why I switched to OpenOffice.
                                    If I were you, I'd use LibreOffice. LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice, created a year or two ago to shunt oracle out of things (Oracle loves killing FOSS stuff).

Instead of having one company (Oracle) fund it, it now has multiple companies funding a foundation which in terns funds development. The delelopers are more or less the same... So just how Magiea left off where Mandriva was threatened, LibreOffice picked up where Open office was threatened.
                                    sigpic

Comment

I worked on several computers that had been upgraded to Windows ME. Had problems with all of them. Then found a Biostar M5SAA board, did a fresh load of Windows ME, and have had no problems whatsoever. At this point I think Windows ME just wasn't backwards compatable to all the old junk being used at the time. The Biostar M5SAA was made about the same time Windows ME came out.
                                      Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

If I were you, I'd use LibreOffice. LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice, created a year or two ago to shunt oracle out of things (Oracle loves killing FOSS stuff).

Instead of having one company (Oracle) fund it, it now has multiple companies funding a foundation which in terns funds development. The delelopers are more or less the same... So just how Magiea left off where Mandriva was threatened, LibreOffice picked up where Open office was threatened.
                                        Is Oracle even funding OpenOffice now that's it's been handed over to Apache?

Either way, I'm switching to LibreOffice -- AFAIK, the development is far more active.

Comment

Originally posted by Heihachi_73 View Post
                                          +1

Skype lacks a lot of features and I don't like its interface.

Comment

Working...
                                          X