Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to see how an SSD is manufactured?

http://www.myce.com/news/video-an-in...g-plant-65683/
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Want to see how an SSD is manufactured?

Very interesting video, thank you!

Comment

very good video but i will stick to the old spinners
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Thank you very much for posting this video, so fascinating to watch!
        I just love factory videos like these!

That gold wire they attach somehow at 1:29 has me scratching my head, how in the world does it work?
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

is this stuff ready for prime time now? whats a decent piece.
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Indeed very interesting!

Thinking if there´s a similar video from for example CapXon's factory, would be fun to see if the employees are as happy making crappy caps

Comment

Originally posted by willawake View Post
              is this stuff ready for prime time now? whats a decent piece.
              Umm yeah, I've been using 2 of them for years. The one in my desktop just turned 2 years old in Dec. Still working as well as it did day 1.
              The one in my notebook is even older. I paid $109 for my 40GB back in Dec 2010, now you can get 120GB for the same price.
              Is it worth it? For the system drive, yes! Boot times, program operation are hugely faster.
              Last edited by smason; 01-14-2013, 06:20 PM.
              36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

is this stuff ready for prime time now? ...
                SSDs are THE stuff now. But they're still too expensive per GB, so unless you're loaded you'll have to compromise with a 64~256GB SSD for system & main programs, then platters for storage up to your needs.

I also have a two year old SSD working like a charm. If SSDs were not so costly I'd only keep platters in retrocomps (if).

... whats a decent piece.
                Uncle Tom's Best SSDs For The Money - Dec 2012

The Best SSDs and HDDs For Your Money - June 2012

Comment

Welp, it's not 2008 anymore..

While 2008 was an excellent year for Asus, it was horrible for SSDs.
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

and still every single one of those chinese or indian cleanroom techs and workers make less than american equivalent of minimum wage. Who are we kidding, those people had smiles on thier face, they were obviously actors
                    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Cool video. Uranium-235 is probably right, though - most likely they had actors in there to smile like that (or they paid some of their regular workers a few $ more that week to shoot the video).

But yeah, factory videos like that are nice to see. That's why I like the show How It's Made.

Originally posted by imp View Post
                      Thinking if there´s a similar video from for example CapXon's factory
                      That would be interesting to see indeed.
                      Based on the high quality of their capacitors, my guess is they probably have a bunch of people shoveling Panda poo and stuffing it into the cans of their capacitors .

Comment

Love these "how it's made" videos, if ads were like that, they'd be more convincing to me !

As for SSDs, I bought two OCZ Vertex 2 60Gb in november 2010. These particular models are known for their poor reliability, yet they're both working perfectly after more than two years of use. One is in my computer, the other one is in my brother's whom is not very caring with his machine.

Comment

Thinking if there´s a similar video from for example CapXon's factory
                          There's a video from Su'scon factory in this thread:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24182

I've seen a video, an episode from a documentary where some British women and men were going in various countries picking up local jobs for a couple of weeks.

In that episode I caught while playing with the remote, the people were at a chip assembly and testing factory - they received the dies and plastic outside packages with the pins (or whatever they're called) and they were placing the dies into the container and then to a machine to have the pins soldered to the die and then they were inspecting those miniature wires.
                          Lots of focus, silence for hours...

This was somewhere in Philippines or Singapore, don't know for sure. The women there were satisfied, the place was very clean, they were living 3-5 in a room in a dorm style building, they were paid a salary from which the dorm and food was subtracted and in agreement with the employer, they were sending 20-30% of their paycheck to their families in some other towns to help pay for children's school and parents.

So I don't know, at least with the women in that episode that I saw, I wouldn't be surprised if they were smiling, they could have lived much worse compared to the conditions in that factory.

In some places, you just don't have a lot of choices to get work, so you make the best of it.
                          Last edited by mariushm; 01-17-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

If you are using a SSD in Linux, you have to enable TRIM. Here's a handy How-To for enabling TRIM:

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/01/enabl...te-drives.html

I have a 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD "refurb" in my laptop. I understand that these may have originally had bad firmware, and the refurbishing involved updating it. With Linux Mint installed, it boots real fast. The slowest part of the boot is logging in!

Comment

Working...
                            X