mec 16xx dump with info block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mec 16xx dump with info block

what flex should buy for thinkpad T14 AMD to Keyboard programming. . i have many from SVOD but all are different to big or to small.

Comment

Originally posted by keczuk View Post
      what flex should buy for thinkpad T14 AMD to Keyboard programming. . i have many from SVOD but all are different to big or to small.
      Which Kbc you use this board?T series use Mec chip i think

Comment

Yes there is MEC T14 Gen 2... but there is only 16 strange pin j1901 (18 pin) not like T490 like 6 ping and there is info jtag.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1638991799

So i think i need keyboard flex like in your case, and try to programm via flex... but someone can share link to shop where i can buy this ?
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes there is MEC T14 Gen 2... but there is only 16 strange pin j1901 (18 pin) not like T490 like 6 ping and there is info jtag.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1638991799

So i think i need keyboard flex like in your case, and try to programm via flex... but someone can share link to shop where i can buy this ?
          you can not use keyboard connector for mec

Comment

I was chceck flex from broken keyboard T490... there is 35 pin + 5 pin empty on keyboard conn side 0.5 mm so how you connect this to programmer SVOD or Vertyanov. There is only 32 PIN slot ??
            Last edited by keczuk; 12-10-2021, 03:26 AM.

Comment

You do understand that you need to connect to that 8 pin jtag connector on vertyanov?

I shouldn't have mentioned that using keyboard connector is possible on some models. It just makes things too complicated but people seem to think it makes it very easy

Comment

I have a lenovo thinkpad T14 i5 10th with supervisor password, I also have an rt809h, can you help me with that how could I proceed? This image is a real one of the lenovo T14 board
                Attached Files

Comment

Empty pads under Q8601. Move the resistor which is below those empty pads onto the empty pads.

Jtag pinout is written somewhere in this topic.

Does anybody know which bytes can disable computrace?

Comment

Originally posted by santoslao View Post
                    I have a lenovo thinkpad T14 i5 10th with supervisor password, I also have an rt809h, can you help me with that how could I proceed? This image is a real one of the lenovo T14 board
                    Can someone help me about this, I followed all the steps informed here on the forum and managed to read the MEC1663 but I had these messages from rt809h, but I'm afraid to erase the chip and then not be able to turn the machine on again using the same file, can someone help me with this please?
                    Thinkpad T14 1st i5 10ªger
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-12-2022, 02:18 AM.

Comment

In my case now Write / read good. BUT He cut in upload my file in 192KB. I have choose 256 or 290 KB but always upload 192KB .... in svode and rt809h ..
                      Hi friend, can you tell me how you solved your reading and writing problem, I have the same problem, but for a T14 1st, see the screenshots and thank you if you can help me solve this. I'm trying to read the MEC1663 regardless of which one I choose, it only gives this error on the rt809h, I did it as shown in the t490 manual, this one with direct connection, I don't have a resistor.

PS: something I received was that when I put the power supply pin 6 has 3.3v and the other pins also have 3.3v except pin 5 GND.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-12-2022, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                        Empty pads under Q8601. Move the resistor which is below those empty pads onto the empty pads.

Jtag pinout is written somewhere in this topic.

Does anybody know which bytes can disable computrace?
                        now i have this problem, do you know what it can be?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=130

Comment

@santoslao
                          - Your EC/KBC file is empty (post #129).
                          - You need to find the resistor and make the change to be able to read the MECxxxx chip (post #127).
                          - The messages you get from programmer is because the JTAG interface is not communicating through the interface (post #130).

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                            @santoslao
                            - Your EC/KBC file is empty (post #129).
                            - You need to find the resistor and make the change to be able to read the MECxxxx chip (post #127).
                            - The messages you get from programmer is because the JTAG interface is not communicating through the interface (post #130).
                            Which resistor are you referring to because I made the location change of the 10k resistor and put it where it was not according to the T490 diagram, see that in the photo on my board it shows this change and even so I still have the error, can you be clearer about your answer please?
                            Attached Files

Comment

I guess you did not attach a charger to motherboard.

AFAIK that 3v3 pin is disconnected so you need to use a charger unless you make a bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                                I guess you did not attach a charger to motherboard.

AFAIK that 3v3 pin is disconnected so you need to use a charger unless you make a bridge.
                                yes, I connect the charger, without it it does not even read, without the charger pin 6 does not have 3.3v after inserting and releasing energy for it.

Comment

Other point to consider if you look at a ThinkPad schematic, is that each of the JTAG interface signals have a PULL-UP resistor (which are not populated in motherboard), some EC/KBC programmers may have these resistors built-in but others may not, so you may need to add them.

Comment

Re: despejo mec 16xx com bloco de informações

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                                    Outro ponto a considerar se você olhar para um esquema ThinkPad é que cada um dos sinais da interface JTAG tem um resistor PULL-UP (que não é preenchido na placa-mãe), alguns programadores EC/KBC podem ter esses resistores embutidos, mas outros não, então você pode precisar adicioná-los.
                                    I don't know if I informed but I'm using an rt809h the T490 scheme seems to serve for the T14, but I don't understand why it's giving this problem in reading, I did what you ask in the diagram and checked the jtag pads, changed the 10k resistor of location and soldered the jtag.
                                    Last edited by 69d0b913; 01-09-2022, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Can someone post a photo of the connection in practice on a T490 board for reading the IO MEC1663? I'm not able to do the reading at all, I even managed to see some photos but I can't see where another snake wire is connected as shown in this posted image. Photo was taken from a quick video on YT

https://youtu.be/XBcINkWU7xM?t=624
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-12-2022, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Can anyone do or have read MEC1663 on rt809 can you help me please? I've been using a machine for 8 months, and for 1 week I've been struggling just to read the MEC1663. I've already done everything that it says here on the forum, but it's not working, I did what it shows in the attached image, see the video where I demonstrate the error, all the jtag1 pins connected and checked, 10k resistor soldered on the empty pad and still not recognizes and does not read the MEC correctly. Watch the video to understand and if you can help me I will be grateful. If anything else is missing, please let me know see video make https://youtu.be/pFoHu0troV0.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-12-2022, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 69d0b913 View Post
                                          Can anyone do or have read MEC1663 on rt809 can you help me please? I've been using a machine for 8 months, and for 1 week I've been struggling just to read the MEC1663. I've already done everything that it says here on the forum, but it's not working, I did what it shows in the attached image, see the video where I demonstrate the error, all the jtag1 pins connected and checked, 10k resistor soldered on the empty pad and still not recognizes and does not read the MEC correctly. Watch the video to understand and if you can help me I will be grateful. If anything else is missing, please let me know see video make https://youtu.be/pFoHu0troV0.
                                          if all the wiring is ok select MEC1653 plug the power cord and you will be able to read and write
                                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-12-2022, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X