Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eprom programmer - possible to figure out the psu specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eprom programmer - possible to figure out the psu specs?

I'm thinking about bidding on an old eprom programmer on ebay. I've already found the software and checked it out, and I'm happy with that part of it. But the seller doesn't have the power supply for it, and when I asked, he said there were no markings on the unit to indicate what specs it requires. Of course it's possible it doesn't work, but I'm willing to risk that.

How possible is it to reverse engineer the specs for the power adapter? The unit is a Tribal TUP-300. I suppose it would involve opening the unit and looking at some chip markings near the power connector, but would this be a relatively easy thing to figure out?

Unfortunately it ends pretty soon, but hopefully somebody can offer some guidance on this sort of situation. Thanks.

Re: eprom programmer - possible to figure out the psu specs?

Google returns this http://www.tribalmicro.com/ - you could always email them and ask!

The EPROM programmers I've used have either needed a 12V supply, or they have their only regulators inside that will regulate a ~15V down to 12V/5V. It shouldn't be too tricky to work out.

Comment

Re: eprom programmer - possible to figure out the psu specs?

Thanks. I decided to pass on it, after figuring out that it apparently needs a specific ISA adapter card and that wasn't included in the auction.

Comment

Working...
      X