Blank Samsung SyncMaster 930B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Samsung SyncMaster 930B

System is a desktop running Windows 7 and am using 3 monitors (930B is not working).

Seeing a blank screen even though display shows up in Windows 7 display settings.
    I can change resolution and refresh rate but screen remains blank.
    Device manager says display is working properly.

NOT seeing any "no signal" message (even when computer is off) and it seems like mouse pointer can be moved onto the blank display (doesn't stop at edge of working monitor).

Green (power?) light is blinking about 2 times a second constantly (even when computer is off).

History:
    Monitor worked fine for a while.
    Then it started taking a while for my extended desktop to be displayed (only this monitor).
    The amount of time waiting for it to start working kept getting longer and longer until it stopped coming on at all (with system up all day).

Took apart to look for bulging caps but they looked okay.

Any ideas on what's wrong?
    Does it sound like a backlight problem or bad caps (even though they look okay)?

Thanks,
    Dave

Re: Blank Samsung SyncMaster 930B

Do you have multimeter? Check the fuse F301 near D105 (may be under white silicon)
    Last edited by R_J; 07-08-2022, 09:09 PM.

Comment

What am I looking for?

I don't know a lot about electronics (have replace caps in monitors thanks to youtube though).

Thanks

Comment

there is a fuse that supplies voltage to the inverter section on the board, if it is open you will not have any backlights. If the fuse is open, one or two of the mosfets may be shorted
        Last edited by R_J; 07-08-2022, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X