• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaupunkt 50" LED TV firmware please

Make : Blaupunkt
    Model : 50/149Z-GB-5B2-FGKU-UK

Main board : T.MS6308.801 (V500HJ1-PE8)

Panel : LC.4N301.001

Made a stupid mistake in service menu, now the tv won't power up. So need to somehow reset the tv / firmware.

Thanks.

Re: Blaupunkt 50" LED TV firmware please

Main board
    Attached Files

Comment

More photos
      Attached Files

Comment

With a working main board is there any way of retrieving the nand flash to then transfer across to the faulty board?

Not quite sure what the 'Erase all and gen Nand' option does but think I need a passcode to select that option as the 'Format USB' option does not do anything.

Service menu entered via 'Menu', then '1147'.
        Thanks
        Last edited by notallbad; 04-01-2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Theres no obvious uart connection on this board, i.e no DB port, ex-link or even any markings etc... Guess it would be necessary to remove the heatsink to find the Mstar chip ref markings to look up on datasheet, if its even possible.

Comment

have you tried this web site and see if they will supply it too you
            http://www.umc-uk.co.uk/feedbackform.php

Comment

Thanks. Have made contact with them today so shall see if they are able to help.

Comment

Wow, fast response, file received already.
                Unfortunately after it does the update the tv just power cycles (around 1 min) by itself with an unresponsive blue screen after the 'Blaupunkt' splash screen.
                Remote control and keypad has no effect.
                Last edited by notallbad; 04-03-2020, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by notallbad View Post
                  Thanks. Have made contact with them today so shall see if they are able to help.
                  They are a good company have helped me in the past

Comment

Unfortunately after it does the update the tv just power cycles (around 1 min) by itself with an unresponsive blue screen after the 'Blaupunkt' splash screen.
                    Not sure unless for some reason they have sent the wrong file maybe message them back explain whats happening now and ask them too double check its the correct firmware thats been sent

Comment

They sent another version but neither have managed to revive this tv.

Both files are named AllUpgrade_6308rtec.bin, one for a 50-148Z & one for 50-149Z.
                      On the reverse of my Tv back panel it says 50-149z-gb but on the reverse of the main board it has 50-148z so I found a serial number to obtain the fw for a 50-148z tv to try, but no luck!

I must say, I found UMC very helpful and quick to respond.

Comment

pity neither sorted the issue out though did you mentioned you altered something in the service menu by mistake? so i would of thought reloading the firmware would of solved it

Comment

No, but think they only have limited knowledge i.e providing fw only, perhaps staff levels are low currently.

Been scratching my head all day over this.

Unable to get a Uart connection via vga port so guess thats not wired out on the board and no other obvious connections.

I also attempted to unpack the .bin file but only to get 2 header files, a lot of other stuff missing so unable to investigate the bin file either. Need to do more research on this.

I do have a rasp pi so intend on trying to read the nand that way but at the moment have no way of connecting to the nand on board (a '360-clip' looks ideal but pricey) though I think a replacement board is in order to at least see it up and running again and to prove everything else is ok. I have no intention on attempting to upgrade the fw, thats for sure! Then again if I can get a board cheap enough I might be tempted or stoopid enough to!
                          Last edited by notallbad; 04-03-2020, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Mainboards seem quite cheap if this is the correct one i would make him a offer
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAIN-BOAR...-/193352041711

Comment

once the upgrade is done and the tv restarts are you taking the usb stick straight out im sure i had this issue and all it was i wasnt removing the usb stick once update had been done hence not booting fully

Comment

Yh, def removing the usb then powering off then back on.

I havent tried another usb stick, currently using a 16gb stick, I guess thats a possibility, its not recognising the usb has been unmounted?

Comment

I think the USB stick has to be formatted as FAT32 with only the update files on it.
                                  Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Yh, def removing the usb then powering off then back on.

I havent tried another usb stick, currently using a 16gb stick, I guess thats a possibility, its not recognising the usb has been unmounted?
                                    This is the guide they sent me to update firmware
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Fat32 formatted and only the update/ upgrade files is the normal procedure which is what I did, unfortunately not being able to access the menu i.e unresponsive, the only option was to plug in the usb stick and power on. As I've said, it appears to be doing the upgrade process and completing.
                                      I did check the usb ports havent got anything stuck inside making the tv think theres still a usb stick still mounted.
                                      Last edited by notallbad; 04-05-2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

was that replacement mainboard in the link the rite one? it seemed a good price and was open too offers.

Comment

Working...
                                        X