Dell Vostro usb port do not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Vostro usb port do not work

Hi everyone, I have a problem with the 2 usb ports of a Dell Vostro 3500.
    I followed the procedures that I found on the net for the restoration of the USB ports, uninstalled the USB devices and restored the bios, nothing. Only the one in the picture works.
    On the motherboard where could the problem be and how to find it? Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stangl; 10-26-2020, 05:00 PM.

Re: Dell Vostro usb port do not work

Check U6303 voltage on all pins. I'm referring to vostro 3400 schematic. It may be a bit different on your board but there is 8 LEG IC near usb port which you need to check. Since one of the usb port works, pch is likely ok.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      Check U6303 voltage on all pins. I'm referring to vostro 3400 schematic. It may be a bit different on your board but there is 8 LEG IC near usb port which you need to check. Since one of the usb port works, pch is likely ok.

Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately I don't have the board wiew of this model, I have searched everywhere but nothing, do you have any files? Thank you

P.s. The only thing I found is the pattern, but I don't understand much about it.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Stangl; 10-27-2020, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Its very much clear on schematic on page 63. Yes U6303 is your USB ic and its located very near to the usb port. It looks like a regular mosfet.

Comment

For those who need it I found the Boardview, but next to the U6303 Usb ic component, which is the mosfet? I await other responses and attach the file.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Stangl; 10-28-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Yup, exactly, thats what i asked to measure.Which mosfet you are looking for i dont know-i said the usb IC looks like a regular mosfet so that you can easily identify it. Now, give us the measurement on all pins of U6303.

Comment

Do you get any power output from the ports? Is it only a communication issue? If there is no power then it's common for the USB electronic fuse chip to fail and bring other ports with it since they share the same power good/enable bus.

Comment

I know I am going to ask you a lot, but I am totally inexperienced and I would like to learn, if someone explains me on how to do the measurement for the component, I have put the photo, if you want to show me how to do it I would be grateful. There is no communication on the doors highlighted in the picture, is there any test point? the card must be powered on or can be misused without.I used a tester, following the diagram, on the two ic there seems to be current. Excuse me
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Stangl; 10-29-2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

You need to power on the system, need a multimeter. Put black probe on Ground and put red probe on U6303 Pins. The white dot or line is PIN1 and you can findout the pin layout on schematic. You need to measure the voltage on all pins of U6303 this way. Be careful not to short between pins while measuring.

Comment

You need to power on the system, need a multimeter. Put black probe on Ground and put red probe on U6303 Pins. The white dot or line is PIN1 and you can findout the pin layout on schematic. You need to measure the voltage on all pins of U6303 this way. Be careful not to short between pins while measuring.
                    Measurements made, from pin 6/7 do not come out 5 v but 005.6 / 006.0 mV.
                    Would the component be a PWR DIST SWITCH 8-SOIC IC? I would have a similar motherboard broken, but the components are different, you say they could go? or where can you buy the original ones? Thanks
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Stangl; 10-30-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

So, U6303 is likely to be bad. You need to replace with exact component. Look for similar component marked 2062 on other boards. Only the marking "2062" is important.

Comment

So, U6303 is likely to be bad. You need to replace with exact component. Look for similar component marked 2062 on other boards. Only the marking "2062" is important.

Replaced, nothing all the same, I did it before for $ 30 I got one. If you don't know where to look beyond that I didn't have many alternatives. Thanks anyway for the advice.

Comment

What is the resistance on pin 5-6 of U6303?? Put black probe on ground, red on pin 5 or 6, set dmm to ohms range to measure resistance.

Comment

What is the resistance on pin 5-6 of U6303?? Put black probe on ground, red on pin 5 or 6, set dmm to ohms range to measure resistance.

Thanks for the advice, but the problem is probably somewhere else and I don't know where.

Comment

Working...
                            X