This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello. I signed up here to find out more about replacing bad capacitors in products like my TV. I hate buying new products unless I've exhausted the the possibility of repairing it myself.

Comment

Hello everyone I am sabya from india. I am here to gain some knowledge about motherboard repairs. Knowledge of soldering,desoldering. More about electronic circuits; how they work ! Seriously knowledge seeker.

Comment

Hi, from Tombal Texas... here to get some advice on a TV I own before moving overseas.

Comment

Hi everyone, I am new here. My name is Adam. I found this site through a google search and it looks like this is just what I need. I am not very good with electronics and this will likely help me out a lot. Example being that I don't even know how to use a multimeter properly.

Anyway, looking forward to bouncing some ideas around here. I would like to be able to answer questions and help that way, but as stated above I don't think my limited knowledge will be of much help to anyone. Thanks.

Comment

CRAPacitors
            I have one motherboard with bad caps.
            I have another with a bad flashed BIOS chip , I can read it with my EEPROM programmer (CH341) as all 00s but cannot erase or program it (write), the program says "Chips are not null" and "The chip and contents are in disagreement".
            Please direct me to the right thread.

Comment

Chase here. Have a problem with my panasonic ST60 and think I've found someone else who had the same problem.

Comment

Hi Mark here. I am a Chief Engineer with a degree in Industrial Electronics. I was directed to
                this site looking for info on a Panasonic plasma tv and believe I have found the answer. Like to say thank and hello to all

Comment

Originally posted by Crapacitance View Post
                  I have one motherboard with bad caps.
                  I have another with a bad flashed BIOS chip
                  Please direct me to the right thread.
                  I'd put them both in the motherboard section, bad capacitors or not. That's what everyone else does.
                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                  -David VanHorn

Comment

Hi! I'm a newbie trying to fix his LG. I like to learn how to fix electronics, so i think i could learn from experts here and share what i know here.

A hug!

Comment

Hello all! Knew about this site for years, weird that I didn't made an account earlier. Now I'm looking everywhere to an answer for an Eizo SX3031W lcd display weird problem, that may be related to bad caps.. or not.

Comment

Hello from the frigid state of Mi. Trying to fix a insignia ns-lcd42hd-09 that has dark picture.
                        Thanks

Comment

Hi. New Member who is trying to fix a crappy Insignia NSLCD26A for the fun of it and for the lessons learned along the way. Hope I don't embarass myself with uneducated questions, but willing to soak up all the knowledge I can.

Comment

I'm new this forums in help of repairing and learning help in this field of electronics.
                            Also thank you or everyone for letting me be apart of this site.

Comment

Hi im new to this forum!

My name is Mark and im 31 years old. I work as technician for pin terminals and i like working on plasma tv's.
                              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Hi, I'm Simon

Long time ago I studied physics and electronics at Uni before drifting into computing. Have recently been dusting off the skills tinkering with some dodgy power supplies and an LG TV. Got some pics and a report to post on the TV, based on Tom666's great posts on that.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                  As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                  where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                  new at this site was on other site for years Most of old guys aree gone Getting old I guess Hope meet friends and can be of some help Thnk you don

Comment

I am a New Members

Hello I live in Quebec Canada. I am an electronics technician for SEVERAL years. I just discovered your website which I find very useful. Pleasure to read you and share with you all.

Comment

Hello Everyone. My name is Dwaine Higgins but all of my friends call me Dewey. I live in Northwest Iowa and am a technician on wind turbines. I have always had an interest in electronics and learning more about them. A few years ago a friend asked if I could fix his big screen tv so I said "I can try" lol after some research and playing around I was able to replace the convergence chips and get it going again. Since then I have been playing around and learning more little by little. Well this Monday we had a big storm and now my own TV has quit working. While researching my issue I ran across this forum and it looks like something that can really help me out! Thanks in advance for sharing all of your knowledge!

Comment

New to this site....long time lurker though lol

Hello everyone newbie from Greeley Colorado....Love this site by the way finally got around to registering and becoming official... Thanks to this site I have successfully fixed a Westinghouse LD4655VX that had a set of bad ribbon cables!! Got it for 10 bucks on craigslist lol......Now I am trying to get a Samsung LN40C500F3FXZA to work.....already replaced the T-Con board......looking for answers... Thank you all for being there I love this site!!!

Comment

Hi! New here but a long time lurker. Been replacing caps for years now on motherboards and other items. Main interest are classic game systems and computer hardware. I can also be found on PCEFX, Digital Press, Sega 16, and Vogons.

I guess as a starter for my intro, I will post a lulzy back and forth between myself and a ebay seller, allsysgo42, concerning Ltec caps that occurred today. The seller is known for showing Japanese caps in the auction pics but actually sending lower quality generics and crap to the customer. I figured I would check them out and see if there was any truth to it, and there was lol. Anyway, read the stuff below from bottom to top. Thats the correct order to read them in.

Last edited by DoctorKatz; 06-23-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X