This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello I'm shakil I'm trying to repair a laptop motherboard.
    I have Sony mbx-237 which is shorted on vhcore, 1_05V_VTT and GFXCORE.
    Could anybody help out.

Comment

Hello,
      My name is Riki, most of my experience is around computers but I have learning audio electronics the past few years. I can not believe that I am just finding this board.

Comment

hi

Comment

Hi all!!

Long time member & long time reader, some very useful knowledge has been gained from reading posts here! ...but first time posting from me.

I am by no means an electronics expert but I am handy with a soldering iron and have a fair understanding of electronic components and circuits. I have recapped my fair share of PC motherboards and have brought back to life a fair few electronic devices over the years!

Hopefully I might help someone out in the future :-)

Comment

Hello,
            Great site here with loads of good information. I've been in the semiconductor industry for many years and appreciate good technicians with solid debug practices!

Comment

Hi forum. I found this board while searching fixes for my Hanns.G HG281D because of slow blinking startups and color distortion.

I hope to expand my tech knowledge and solve this problem and future ones with the help of this forum.

Comment

Hello badcaps forum. I found this while t/s my daughter's vizio LCD TV, which has standby power and that is it. It looks like a lot of people have this type of issue.

I hope to be taught a bunch, but may also teach a thing or two.
                ~wezo

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.

Comment

Hello.Stumbled across this site well in search of electronic info.I am 60 and have been in and out of electronics since I graduated as an electronic tech over 30 yrs ago.I still dabble but is no longer my source of income.I am sure there is a wealth of info here and am looking forward to picking brains and hopefully have mine picked too.From tubes to micro.How things have changed.

Comment

Hi, nice to find the forum about fixing electronic devices

Comment

Hi, my name is Claudinei. I'm from Brazil and I'm a electronics technician. I have always involved with cars and that take me to work for an automaker as Technical Instructor. I always find trouble with computers from friends. I do it as a hobby. I hope to learn a lot here with you guys and if someone has some car issues, I can help. Regards.

Comment

Hello, new guy here:

41yo,
                        Been in the electronics field since '91
                        Trained in the USN (SS) as an ET (ESM).

Having TV problems, currently searching related threads.

Comment

Good evening! Im a boomer between jobs, trying not very hard not to be retired. Since my last work contract I tackled the wife's Samsung TV which had quit powering on after a month of cycling itself. Found this site, replaced caps, fixed! Well, just like a gambler who wins the first race he bets, I'm kinda hooked. Bought a couple of down LCD TVs and one plasma, set up a work area in the unfinished basement and went to town. The Plasma and second LCD have multiple issues, and after replacing the caps I find them to be a work in progress!
                          I look forward to learning enough to be helpful in return. This site and related links are a great resource!

About 30 years ago,I began a second career at 30-something, repairing Datapoint computers and boards to component level. Tho I had not soldered in maybe the last decade, the skills and a bit of the knowledge have stuck with me.
                          Last edited by steves7839; 12-07-2014, 09:05 PM. Reason: add text

Comment

Hello my name is Jerry I am from sask canada and am 64 years old and found this awesome forum while looking up info on a older samsung.

Comment

Hi. Am Glenn. Worked for 30 years + with amusement machines (bandits) Looks a great forum and am glad to to a part of it.

Comment

Hello , my name is george and iam a computer engineer , but iam working in maintenance , so i found myself stuck in repairing iam trying to get knowledge . i wish i could get help from this site.

Comment

Hello all. My name is Nick and I live in California. I am 32 years old and have always had a thing for electronics since I was a kid. I've read a lot of stuff on this site and finally decided to join. Hope to learn a lot from the guru's on this website.

Comment

hi im brandon my father has been repairing electronics since the 70's and he has taught me some things mostly the basics i cam here cause im starting to get more and more friends asking about their hdtvs and im not able to contact my father so i found you guys and i hope this will be better also ive been building and repairing computers since i was 12 im 28 now

Comment

Dropped in to say hello. Came here for the internal pictures of cheap chinese radios via search engine. I've been here for all things bad caps though before.

Comment

Hello, got here to get help with my wifi router. I've bricked it, unbricked it, now it won't start.

Comment

Hi there, I am Chandan and I am struggling with my Vizio xvt553sv not turning on. Posting a message here so I can have my restrictions to create a thread lifts off .

Comment

Working...
                                          X