This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I'm a treadmill repair guy that found this forum in my search for a Samsung LCD issue. I'll post about that shortly.

Comment

Hello I am an Electronics Engineering Student currently doing degree.I like programming most on embedded systems.As a hobbyist I also like fault finding and that's why I am here because I have a problem which I like to solve.Thank you very much

Comment

Hiya,

I am new, needing to ask I question about my broken TV which I will make a thread about.

My name is Ella. I am from Scotland and interested in gaming and hopefully if I can get the telly fixed, my playstation!

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm a tinkerer that cut my teeth on making modifications to my DJ turntables. Now, I'm trying to fix a couple flat screen TVs that I've salvaged. Looks like there's tons of info and good help here.

Comment

Hi I'm just a 50 year old trying to save some money on tv repair . I hope I can find some answeRd to my problems . My name is Jim but they call me JIMSKY

Comment

hi

Comment

Hello! I'm pplkillppl. I've been teaching myself EE. I started by learning to solder battery sockets onto my old SNES carts about 2 years ago. There is still much for me to learn and even though I have some books to help me it is still good to have some veterans I can ask about things that may not be common knowledge.
                ================
                poppin' caps

Comment

Hi: My name is bill I am new to Bad caps , I am a bit of a fixer , i was a self taught motor vehicle mechanic of thirty years standing until i lost my hearing ( yes i am now deaf ) which is a bit of a pain as you need to hear what an engine is saying to find the problem so retired some years ago and was at a loss bored silly until my brother gave me a computer WOW , I had always said i was not interested in them and never understood what good they were to anyone , I WAS WRONG , I have over the years taught my self how to fix them repair them sort out program issues in bios and so on also repair motherboards repair laptops, desktops, monitors , well most things really . I would just like to say thank you to BADCAPS.NET for allowing me to join there web sight .

many thanks
                  bill

Comment

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been viewing many of the helpful posts off and on for a while, and felt it was time to create account.
                    I have been building computers as a hobby since the early 2000's, and always looking to learn more.

Comment

Howdy!
                      I live in a little house in the Swedish countryside where I like to build stuff and mend things that are broken, everything from blacksmithing, industrial-tooling, musical-instruments. engines, etc. to computers, programming and IT. The newest addition to my hobby is to build and repair electronics, where I'm a total newbie. So far I have tinkered a bit with small guitar-(OP)amps, a couple of guitar-effects and thanks to this site i have also repaired a couple of TVs. I registered here to be able to more fully utilize the site and perhaps discuss a bit with like minded =)

Comment

Hi There,

I work at a large University in Alberta and one of my tasks is to surplus old and "dead" electronics. Curiosity often gets the better of me when it comes to WHY something is broken and as such I found this site, which has been a great help. In the past it bugged me that I was throwing out what appeared to be perfectly good electronics, what I am discovering is that for a couple of bucks and a new capacitor items can be fixed and used as opposed to replaced.

I registered in order to get a look at different manual and schematics as I am currently trying to fix a Samsung 305T monitor's powerboard (an old post for sure) and I am hoping that previously posted diagrams will help.

Thanks again to the forum for all of your past help and help in the future.

Comment

Hi, I have worked with pc's and laptops since Windows started. I cut my teeth on MS DOS 3, then my first network - Windows for Workgroups 3.11.
                          I remember the first machines I learnt on was a BBC micro then on to the original IBM PC.
                          Started in Electronics as an apprentice fixing TVs and Audio.
                          My day job I work as a support analyst & I refurbish anything tech in my spare time.

Comment

Hello everybody,
                            I am an IT guy who is trying to fix a Dell LCD computer screen. I live in Paris area, France. Some years ago I managed to put back the parts removed from of my old car's engine after replacing a broken valve ( I would not do it again, though). I hope that taking apart the DELL U3011 will be somewhat easier...
                            Best regards from France.

Comment

Hi. I'm a tech working in the Whitsunday Islands, Queensland, Australia. Qualified in 1973 and still doing it. I can't believe I have only just discovered this forum and looking forward to reading some of the threads.

Comment

Hello everyone hoping to get some help with my asus vw246h that has the 2 second shut off

Comment

Hi everyone. New to this forum, and new to hands-on electronics repair. Like your typical 40 year old American male, I have a fascination and love for electronics and gadgets. I have pretty much always figured that trying to figure out what the hell is going on inside these miraculous gadgets was far to involved for me to get into. In the past, I would open up a defective unit, look for a fuse, or a loose connector, touch everything (joke) and say 'screw it - surely not worth paying a repair shop' then tossing it.

Don't get me wrong, a know a few basic things, but for practical purposes I'm completely green. I have an old (not good, vintage old) Sony 5.1 "Home theater in a box" system circa late 90s. One of the channels is not working well. I am going to try to give fixing it a go. Looking forward to meeting people and learning.

Comment

Hi I am electronics hobbyist / Professional from Finland who does lots of DIY repairs and other stuff and prototyping / testing at work.

Comment

Hello, badcaps i am here!

Comment

I'm new here since yesterday

Hello friends of the forum , I'm new here since yesterday , I like electronics and do some repairs .
                                        I live on the islands of the Azores , thanks for accepting this forum.
                                        sorry for my bad English , I use gogle translator.

Comment

I'm a newbie here too. Saw some great posts re: my nemesis Vizio VF551XVT, spent a lot of money on it, now faced with problems...seems to have died too young.
                                          Appreciate all of you.
                                          DennyG

Comment

Working...
                                          X