Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting Laptops, Portable, and Mobile Devices > BIOS Requests ONLY!
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2020, 12:35 PM   #1
Gripen
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
City & State: Valahol
My Country: Slovakia
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 10
Default Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Hello. I have Asus K56CB-XO488H laptop. It was bad, but it was fixed. The BIOS chip was also missing, so I put a new one on it, but I don't have the original BIOS.
I tried this bios dump.(#3) The laptop works perfectly except for one problem. A few seconds after laptop power on, when the fan starts, it runs always at maximum speed.
Iím still a beginner in BIOS/BIOS flash, but I read that this is a bios problem. How can this be solved?

Last edited by Gripen; 11-24-2020 at 12:40 PM..
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:19 AM   #2
peste
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
City & State: CAMPINA
My Country: ROMANIA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 2,519
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
Hello. I have Asus K56CB-XO488H laptop. It was bad, but it was fixed. The BIOS chip was also missing, so I put a new one on it, but I don't have the original BIOS.
I tried this bios dump.(#3) The laptop works perfectly except for one problem. A few seconds after laptop power on, when the fan starts, it runs always at maximum speed.
Iím still a beginner in BIOS/BIOS flash, but I read that this is a bios problem. How can this be solved?
try..
Attached Files
File Type: rar Orig+K56CBAS+outimage.rar (3.45 MB, 4 views)
peste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:14 AM   #3
Gripen
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
City & State: Valahol
My Country: Slovakia
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 10
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Quote:
Originally Posted by peste View Post
try..
I saw it. My laptop is an intel i5 but I tried it and it does the same. The fan always runs at 100% a few seconds after power on.
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:29 AM   #4
Gripen
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
City & State: Valahol
My Country: Slovakia
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 10
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

I found the original bios chip that was on it. This will not start. I read the chip but can't open it with UEFITool. Can this be fixed somehow?
Attached Files
File Type: zip original asus bios.zip (3.02 MB, 3 views)
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:55 AM   #5
peste
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
City & State: CAMPINA
My Country: ROMANIA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 2,519
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
I found the original bios chip that was on it. This will not start. I read the chip but can't open it with UEFITool. Can this be fixed somehow?
the bios is not ok ... please read it again and post ..
peste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:01 AM   #6
Gripen
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
City & State: Valahol
My Country: Slovakia
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 10
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Quote:
Originally Posted by peste View Post
the bios is not ok ... please read it again and post ..
This is the problem. Always read this.


I tried bios what you sent, it works with my laptop, but the fan always goes 100%.

Last edited by Gripen; 11-29-2020 at 11:07 AM..
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:13 AM   #7
peste
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
City & State: CAMPINA
My Country: ROMANIA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 2,519
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
This is the problem. Always read this.


I tried bios what you sent, it works with my laptop, but the fan always goes 100%.
maybe you have another problem on the board ... check with another fan ...
peste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:28 AM   #8
Gripen
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
City & State: Valahol
My Country: Slovakia
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 10
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Quote:
Originally Posted by peste View Post
maybe you have another problem on the board ... check with another fan ...

I don't have such a fan at home, only HP. I'll look at work tomorrow.


I would have another question, if the HP laptop(Zbook 15, 650 G2, etc ..) says "Machine is not in committed state" is how to fix it? I entered the data (serial, product id, etc ...) with DMItool.
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:45 AM   #9
peste
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
City & State: CAMPINA
My Country: ROMANIA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 2,519
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
I don't have such a fan at home, only HP. I'll look at work tomorrow.


I would have another question, if the HP laptop(Zbook 15, 650 G2, etc ..) says "Machine is not in committed state" is how to fix it? I entered the data (serial, product id, etc ...) with DMItool.
try to clean ME region, if it still doesn't work, look for a bios in the bios requests section, if you can't find it, post the full name and model of the laptop, the model of the motherboard and the original
peste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:56 AM   #10
Gripen
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
City & State: Valahol
My Country: Slovakia
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 10
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Quote:
Originally Posted by peste View Post
try to clean ME region, if it still doesn't work, look for a bios in the bios requests section, if you can't find it, post the full name and model of the laptop, the model of the motherboard and the original
I will try, thank you. I only ask because I am interested and want to learn these. I have a couple of laptops at work that write this error.
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:04 PM   #11
qayyum786
Badcaps Veteran
 
qayyum786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
City & State: MUMBAI
My Country: INDIA
Line Voltage: 220 volt
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 275
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Try
Attached Files
File Type: rar Asus K56CB-XO488H_4MATIC.rar (3.46 MB, 1 views)

Last edited by qayyum786; 11-29-2020 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: Correction in BIOS
qayyum786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:19 PM   #12
Gripen
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
City & State: Valahol
My Country: Slovakia
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 10
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Quote:
Originally Posted by qayyum786 View Post
.
It does the same.
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:21 PM   #13
qayyum786
Badcaps Veteran
 
qayyum786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
City & State: MUMBAI
My Country: INDIA
Line Voltage: 220 volt
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 275
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripen View Post
it does the same.
ok then peste is right
you just try with unplug the fan from connector and give fan suplay 5V from USB

Last edited by qayyum786; 11-29-2020 at 12:27 PM..
qayyum786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:33 PM   #14
Gripen
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
City & State: Valahol
My Country: Slovakia
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 10
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Quote:
Originally Posted by qayyum786 View Post
ok then peste is right
you just try with unplug the fan from connector and give fan suplay 5V from USB
I give 5V to fan and fan is spinning the same way. What do I need to pay attention to?
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #15
qayyum786
Badcaps Veteran
 
qayyum786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
City & State: MUMBAI
My Country: INDIA
Line Voltage: 220 volt
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 275
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

is it noisy or what ?
qayyum786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:43 PM   #16
Gripen
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
City & State: Valahol
My Country: Slovakia
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 10
Default Re: Need bios Asus K56CB-XO488H

Quote:
Originally Posted by qayyum786 View Post
is it noisy or what ?
It sounds just as noisy. I don't think it should be like that by default.

Edit:I measure the fan wires.
Red wire 5V.
Yellow wire PWM signal(I think this is RPM signal).
Blue wire 0V, a few seconds after power on the laptop when the fan spins up then it is 3.3V.

Last edited by Gripen; 11-29-2020 at 01:47 PM..
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Badcaps.net Technical Forums © 2003 - 2020
Powered by vBulletin ®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:44 PM.
Did you find this forum helpful?