help picking out the right capacitor for my xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help picking out the right capacitor for my xbox

i want rubycon brand capacitors. i want high ripple current, low esr(preferably, ultra low) 3300uf 10v caps. i'm having a hard time figuring out which series i should go with. most info i find is about discontinued caps. please help me pick the right ones? would there be any benefit to going with audio grade caps like less interference? thank u.

Re: help picking out the right capacitor for my xbox

audio grade are crap, they just have a flatter frequency response under 20KHz.
    and rubycon dont make ultra-low esr electrolytics anymore.
    the closest you will get is ones starting with "ZL"

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      audio grade are crap, they just have a flatter frequency response under 20KHz.
      and rubycon dont make ultra-low esr electrolytics anymore.
      the closest you will get is ones starting with "ZL"
      what is the best ultra low esr cap i can get? will i notice any difference in performance with ultra low esr caps?

Comment

if the caps are good enough - they will work, if not then you will get random crashes

Comment

Originally posted by bulkchart32 View Post
          i want rubycon brand capacitors. i want high ripple current, low esr(preferably, ultra low) 3300uf 10v caps. i'm having a hard time figuring out which series i should go with. most info i find is about discontinued caps. please help me pick the right ones? would there be any benefit to going with audio grade caps like less interference? thank u.
          Check out my other thread you posted in yesterday. I listed two links for best cheap capacitors for 1.0-1.4 and 1.6 models. You can't get ultra low esr in electrolytic's anymore but you can get very low esr which is just fine for an xbox.
          Here are Rubycon's that will work https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...2-5X20/4977113
          If you have a 1.6 board, you have to get ZLQ which are 10mm diameter since they are much closer to each other vs early models (see pic)

Attached Files
          Last edited by Per Hansson; 10-11-2020, 04:36 AM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          Ryzen 3600x
          16GB Patriot 3600MHz
          MSI B450 Gaming Plus
          MSI Air Boost Vega 56
          Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
          Rosewill Capstone 750W
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          Hakko FX-888D Station
          FX-8802 Iron
          MG Chem .8mm 63/37 RA 2.2%

Comment