Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic Toughbook CF-C2 please remove bios password!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Toughbook CF-C2 please remove bios password!

Thank you in advance!!
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic Toughbook CF-C2 please remove bios password!

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
    Thank you in advance!!
    try clear
    Attached Files

Comment

It still asks for password.
      How is this possible? You deleted the 5B after AMITSESetup and still asks for password?

Comment

This will work
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
          This will work
          I see the only change is 00000070 byte 0A changed from FF to 00 but didn't work either.
          How is that possible?

Comment

I see the only change is 00000070 byte 0A changed from FF to 00 but didn't work either.
            How is that possible?

Oh, well, that was a typo anyway.

I don't see a reason why this wouldn't work.

Comment

Well except that byte the rest of the .bin is exactly identical with the Maxpower3 .bin.
              Is there any default password that appears when you remove all batteries, psu and rtc?
              What do we miss?

Comment

I have news.
                With your (both) .bin i'm able to enter bios and change everything, except the supervisor password.
                Seems like the password is stored to another location of bios too.
                Last edited by Andreasbest; 01-27-2021, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I have more news, my bios seems like it's modified to restore several settings when "load defaults" and also a Panasonic supervisor password that set as default.
                  Here is the link with info regarding bios ending with M like mine (M10) https://customrugged.com/m-bios-panasonic-toughbook/

So there is indeed a bios password elsewhere inside dump stored by Panasonic, probably in "default settings" section of bios.
                  Last edited by Andreasbest; 01-27-2021, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Searching with UEFItool meanwhile

Comment

Searching with UEFItool meanwhile
                      Try this one
                      Attached Files
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you SMDFlea but i just bought a clean bios dump from a site, unfortunately none gives it for free.
                        Anyway, i managed to enter bios, supervisor passwords are clear and everything can be modified BUT
                        if i do "load defaults" the password returns and i must reflash the bios.
                        So these "defaults" are stored in bios chip itself OR somewhere else?

I suspect that this thread will become a guide for anyone that buys M bios Toughbooks.

Comment

you tested "toughbook" or "panasonic" as the default password?

you can share us your file which works in mp
                          Last edited by Maxpower3; 01-27-2021, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
                            you tested "toughbook" or "panasonic" as the default password?

you can share us your file which works in mp
                            I tried "toughbook", "panasonic" and "password", none worked.
                            here is the file that worked too.
                            Please compare it to found out where is the supervisor password stored in my backup.
                            Although i have serious reasons to believe that is stored elsewhere than the bios chip since it's a M model like i said before.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Andreasbest; 01-27-2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Did you try setting a new password rather than setting bios defaults. Theres another password for the Optional Kit Configuration: toughkit
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                Did you try setting a new password rather than setting bios defaults. Theres another password for the Optional Kit Configuration: toughkit
                                With the bios you all sent me i cannot since the bios detects there is already a supervisor pw and offers only change pw option, impossible because i don't know the pw.
                                With the bios i bought i can set a supervisor pw that works, unless i do "load defaults" then changes back to the unknown supervisor pw.

"toughkit" doesn't work either.
                                Panasonic did terrific job in this i have to admit.
                                Last edited by Andreasbest; 01-27-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Are you tring without the HDD attached. Post a picture of the pass screen.I doubt its stored in the EC ,what is the EC chip ?

Edit: did you remove the CMOS battery and clear it by shorting the battery pins for 20 seconds or so ?

Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-27-2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                    Are you tring without the HDD attached. Post a picture of the pass screen.I doubt its stored in the EC ,what is the EC chip ?

Edit: did you remove the CMOS battery and clear it by shorting the battery pins for 20 seconds or so ?

Yes i try without HDD
                                    The screen is the usual Toughbook password screen.
                                    Yes CMOS battery is detached from the beginning, no power on MB except the PSU when i plug it.
                                    I also tried 20secs short circuit.
                                    Well i'm almost convinced is stored into EC.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes i try without HDD
                                      The screen is the usual Toughbook password screen.
                                      Yes CMOS battery is detached from the beginning, no power on MB except the PSU when i plug it.
                                      I also tried 20secs short circuit.
                                      Well i'm almost convinced is stored into EC.
                                      what is that? maybe
                                      Attached Files

Comment

if you put the bios it's ok but when you restart you ask for the password again. is that correct?

you can read bios after restart and ask for the password too

Comment

Working...
                                        X