skypro programmer not detecting bios chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skypro programmer not detecting bios chips

I used skypro programmer for years (on win7) and didnt have any problems...but years pass and have cleaned it couple of times so i decided its time for new skypro (same version).
    In that time i had also build a new computer and install win 10.
    The programmer arrived from China from the seller that old buyers commented that it is legit seller of that programmer.
    it looks like this:

The problem is that it is not detecting chips with statement "chip not recognised".
    I tried to install different version of software (from CORIGHT page)...different usb cables...different ports...tried on different computer (also win 10) but its allways the same. It is recognising programmer with statement "device is connected" but when i press detect chip...its allways "chip not recognised"
    I am out of ideas...any help?

Re: skypro programmer not detecting bios chips

if you select the chip manually, can it read and write o.k.??

Comment

unfortunatelly no...it gives error.
      I tried reinstalling firmware but nothing.
      When i click self check (without bios chip) it is ok...but when bios chip inserted i get error. I will buy today a new usb cable, its my last option, i cant believe that two usb cables i used are dead.
      Last edited by myth77; 02-03-2021, 04:08 AM.

Comment

it may be the green socket, those chinese 3M clones are junk

Comment

Nope, bought quality usb cable but the same thing...chip not recognised...

Comment

Send it back , or request refund. I am sure he will agree on it.

Comment

Which chip exactly is it that you are attempting to read?

Could it be that the vendor and/or part number of the memory device is not supported by this programmer?

Also, how exactly are you seating the memory chip into the zero force socket?

Can you attempt to read another memory that is different than the one that is failing?

In the end it is simple SPI commands that are trivial to support to read/write the contents.

Manual:

http://www.coright.com/downloads/ep01/index.php

Comment

Oh i forget about this subject... In the end the programmer started to work after maybe 50 firmware installation...I am not sure what cause or fixed the problem...maybe it was bad usb cable that caused bad firmware installation... but that doesnt make much sense...anyway suddenly after one firmware installation eveeything was fine. I even reinstall it couple of times to see if problem will start again...but no...everything is perfect

Comment

I wonder if EZPxxxx and that Skypro is same thing ?
                  Coright seem to have Skypro and EZP2013.
                  Might be that unofficial clones exists too. Pictures of similar looking boxes (different texts/names) can be found around web.
                  Last edited by euromatlox; 02-13-2021, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X