Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAB Lighting 30 and 48 White LED 9-12VDC Blinding Light Bars—> Very nice light bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAB Lighting 30 and 48 White LED 9-12VDC Blinding Light Bars—> Very nice light bar

I bought these LED light bars from Electronic Goldmine surplus store online

These light bars are the nicest LED light bars I have ever seen in there online store

I read the description of these light bars and said yeah right there bright at 9 volts
    Let just see if this is the case or not and just how bright is bright because I bought some of there light bars that they said were very bright and were ok but I would not say they were as bright as they claim

But I thought I would give these a try only because they had both light bars on sale as a bundle both of them together for Ground Hog Day Sale for $6.95 well worth the price for a test of just how bright they are for this price

Disclaimer these are not on sale now but even with them at the price they are at still well worth the cost of them

The voltage range is 9 to 12 volts you only have to use 9 volts and it very very bright light bar

I thought I would share this find with all of you the website links are below

https://www.goldmine-elec-products.c...?number=G24723

https://www.goldmine-elec-products.c...?number=G24725

To me the cost of them is very reasonable for how bright they are I would recommend a heat sink on these light bars even with the voltage at 9 volts because in a very short period of time the temperature of the light bars do get warm gradually that is why I would recommend using a heat sink if you are going to run them for hours and hours of use or 24 hours a day

I am going to use them for my work table in my shed am going to some more of each one but because I am a cheap a** I going to wait until they have a sale on them again and then buy some

But what I going to do is two of them in series and run them on a laptop computer switching power supply to run them I have a heat sink from a Hyperthrem plasma torch power supply which has a very nice heat sink
    I going to cut it down to size and put a computer fan on it to cool it
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-11-2021, 11:22 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Re: RAB Lighting 30 and 48 White LED 9-12VDC Blinding Light Bars—> Very nice light ba

Update until Monday night ( 2-15-21) at 11:59 pm SALE $7.50

https://www.goldmine-elec-products.c...?number=G24723
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-13-2021, 07:43 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Re: RAB Lighting 30 and 48 White LED 9-12VDC Blinding Light Bars—> Very nice light ba

These LEDs light bars are on sale again until Friday @ midnight

https://www.goldmine-elec-products.c...number=G24723A

I ordered one more set of them you are limited to one set or you will pay $500.00 for each one
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-24-2021, 11:40 AM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.
        I saw it was $7.95 and just went up? One 4-pack RAB Lighting 30 G24723A strips for $9.95 (Limit 1 Per Order). You can only order one pack.

It's been a long time since I ordered Chaney Electronics kits but the prices seem to be mostly too high.
        Goldmine minimum order $10 or $50 international. Minimum shipping & handling of $7.65 up to 1 lb. in USA. I'd have to order $40 of other stuff plus exchange, shipping etc. so not worth it then for four strips.

I was looking at getting some LED strips to make a photography light box:
        EEVblog #1372 - DIY PCB Photography Light Box
        EEVblog #1373 - DIY PCB Photography LED Light Box - Part 2
        BigClive - How I get my crisp macro shots with tupper-cam but flexible strips used.

I need decent CRI and the LED strips off eBay are hit or miss, usually low quality blueish white or yellow white. I just got Cree LED's CRI 95 in 2835 package to try out.

Comment

The ones that he shows in his post are easily found at Home Depot they are used in conversations from the old fashion yard lights you would just take out the transformer and circuit board if had one replace it with type of
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
          X