Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP EliteBook 845 G7 BIOS Pass

Hi,

i have read many post on google and here about bios pass removal from various hp models but i couldn´t find any information about a HP Elitebook 845 G7

i found the bios chip on the board. it is a winbond 25Q256JVEN

i don´t have a dump right now because i don´t have the correct programmer.

but before ordering a programmer i want to ask about the procedur.

at first i will have to order a TL866II PLUS and create a dump from the winbond.
    but after that? will the HPUnlocker be able to remove the password?
    or can the dump be edited via a hexeditor so the bios has a clean password? i saw that in a youtube video but not sure if this work on newer models.

is it even possible to erase bios passwords on such a new model?

im happy about any information which helps me making some progress

kind regards
    pnilip
    Last edited by pnilip; 03-04-2021, 06:02 PM.

Re: HP EliteBook 845 G7 BIOS Pass

Please try this bios when your programmer arrives, but compare it with your backup before flashing.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pnilip View Post
      will the HPUnlocker be able to remove the password?
      No

You should read both main bios and EC bios. One is 256Mb, other should be 128Mbit. Then upload them here.

Comment

thanks for the fast replies

where do i find the ec chip? is it one of the red marked ones on the pictures below? i don´t wanne order the programmer if i´m not sure that i can fix the bios.

again thanks in advance for helping me out

Last edited by pnilip; 03-06-2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Good day Everyone, Please i need Advice on which BIOS programmer to buy that support

256Mb and 128Mb

Comment

Akintunde: I have sucessfully used Revelprog IS very neat, works well and easy to use. (no affiliation)

And as I cannot post a new thread yet. I will hijack (and resurrect) this thread instead.

To my question now:

I have aswell an HP 845 G7 with a power-on password, which I have accidentally set, both password and fingerprints don't work to my disappointment. HP Support suggested to replace the main board (which is about 80-90% of the price of the device, great help...) I have set also some recovery questions, which are however neatly disabled by default...

Anyway, to the point... I have identified both flash chips one is a MX25L25673G and the other a W25Q256JV as mentioned by OP both 256 MBit.

I made the dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvOVJlqOmxV_mGv9...OtKu1?e=IPb8kN

Can someone help with them?

Also a tip: do not connect the flash chip with wires "in air" (in picture), it will not work even though the wires are (relatively) short.

I made 6 reads, progressivelly lowering the clock rate, but the every time the read was different, so obviously it was reading garbage. Well... it was in the manual of the programmer, so I have been warned.

So I made some WSON-8 6x4 adapters and everything was well.

This is a week old laptop (well... I used it for a week...), and I would really like to fix it. So any help is apreciated.

Comment

pnilip:

The other chip is on the other (bottom) side of the board - directly under the Winbond (in your case... for some reason I had the Winbond on the bottom...).

So you have to disconnect all the wires and remove the screws. Also I didn't unscrew the cpu fan so I don't have to mess with thermal paste.

Comment

HP EliteBook 845 G7 (8VZ07AV) Power-on password

Hello I need to remove Power-on password on this notebook HP EliteBook 845 G7 Notebook PC (8VZ07AV).

Product Number: 24Z96EA
                Board: LINDEN-6050A3147201-MB-A01(A1)
                Board part no: m22244-601

The chips are:
                Winbond W25Q256JVEN (256Mbit) U366/U365 Bottom side
                MXIC MX25L25673GZ4I-08G (256Mbit) U367 Top side

Dump of both BIOS chips in attachment.

Please help.

Winbond - location picture - bottom side:

Winbond closeup:

MXIC - location picture - top side:

MXIC closeup:
                Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP EliteBook 845 G7 (8VZ07AV) Power-on password

replace the contents of the MX25L25635E bios chip with the bios extracted from the update on the HP site..the other chip remains with the original bios of the laptop ..
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by peste; 04-30-2021, 04:59 AM.
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thx for the suggestion, unfortunatelly the pc won't boot in this setting...

Comment

Originally posted by sh4rp View Post
                      Thx for the suggestion, unfortunatelly the pc won't boot in this setting...
                      replace both contents of the bios chips with the same update on the site.
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

pnilip:

The other chip is on the other (bottom) side of the board - directly under the Winbond (in your case... for some reason I had the Winbond on the bottom...).

So you have to disconnect all the wires and remove the screws. Also I didn't unscrew the cpu fan so I don't have to mess with thermal paste.
                        @sharp
                        Thanks for your answer and sorry for the late reply, but i didnot have much time past weeks.

Having the second chip on the lower side of the board, i read on threads about other models but because of no time i wasn´t able to have a look at. today i took the time and unscrewed the board.

But as you can see on the pictures added, i have two winbonds (both 256Mbit) on my board. So how do you know that the MX25L25673G was the right one to chose on your board???

Can anybody of the pros tell me if i should now just order a TL866II PLUS, create dumps of each chip and post them here? or am i doing sth wrong??

Upperside:

Lowerside:

Comment

@pnilip

I think it doesn't really matter which actual chip it is. But so far I have been unable to fix it. I tried multiple times to flash it with different flashes and some ppl were tinkering with the source code to fix it. But no luck. It's a bit frustrating, and you have to solder, desolder the chips plug all the cables back so on.

After looking through the code I found some account details on the U367(top) chip ie. my name that shows on the lock screen in the actual code. So I suppose the U367(top) chip is more important.

Comment

@pnilip

I think it doesn't really matter which actual chip it is. But so far I have been unable to fix it. I tried multiple times to flash it with different flashes and some ppl were tinkering with the source code to fix it. But no luck. It's a bit frustrating, and you have to solder, desolder the chips plug all the cables back so on.

After looking through the code I found some account details on the U367(top) chip ie. my name that shows on the lock screen in the actual code. So I suppose the U367(top) chip is more important.

hello again. today i finally managed to read both chips properly.

at first i tried to read and create backups without desoldering the chips with a selfmade probe made out of wires and pogo pins. but with no luck. everytime different results when comparing the backups. reason was that i´m a bit afraid of destroying the board/chips when de- and resoldering the chips over and over again. hope that someone can remove password from attached files and it works on first try.

so because of my flop with selfmade tool, i ordered a wson8 connector, desoldered both chips with hotair. and created 3 backups from each chip and compared the backups with a hexeditor. this time everthing went well.

@RethoricalCheese: can you please have a look at the files attached and customize/remove pass for me?

hopefully the long waiting times for my orders and the money spent will be worthwhile

thanks in advance
                            Attached Files

Comment

hello again. today i finally managed to read both chips properly.

at first i tried to read and create backups without desoldering the chips with a selfmade probe made out of wires and pogo pins. but with no luck. everytime different results when comparing the backups. reason was that i´m a bit afraid of destroying the board/chips when de- and resoldering the chips over and over again. hope that someone can remove password from attached files and it works on first try.

so because of my flop with selfmade tool, i ordered a wson8 connector, desoldered both chips with hotair. and created 3 backups from each chip and compared the backups with a hexeditor. this time everthing went well.

@RethoricalCheese: can you please have a look at the files attached and customize/remove pass for me?

hopefully the long waiting times for my orders and the money spent will be worthwhile

thanks in advance
                              try this..modify only this bios ... the other one stays the same ..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                try this..modify only this bios ... the other one stays the same ..
                                many thx for trying but still asking for password

Comment

many thx for trying but still asking for password
                                  replace only this bios ... the other one remains the same ..
                                  Attached Files

Comment

replace only this bios ... the other one remains the same ..
                                    thanks again for having a try. i again only flashed your modified bin file to the bottom chip (U367).

this time something happened. took some time the fan went to full speed and it showed:

after some time showed:

i pressed ok, it restarted, showed:

when trying to enter bios, still shows:

any ideas?

//edit:
                                    i noticed that now i could boot from usb stick. maybe a chance to install clean bios via usb hp update?
                                    Last edited by pnilip; 06-19-2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

the bios has been updated ..can you change something in the bios ???

Comment

the bios has been updated ..can you change something in the bios ???
                                        i cant access bios. see last picture in my last post. still asking for password.
                                        but usb boot was disabled on original bios. now it works.

Comment

Working...
                                        X