Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Thinkpad L530 Need Bios

hello,
    i need working dump Lenovo Thinkpad L530.

thank you!

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad L530 Need Bios

Try with this dump
    Attached Files

Comment

thank you!
      Mohammed Mohan

Comment

good
        Mohammed Mohan

Comment

thinks

Comment

thank you

Comment

Did that work? The dump should be 8MB. I bricked my BIOS attempting to flash it and I need a dump from an L530 too!

Comment

Originally posted by giammi56 View Post
                Did that work? The dump should be 8MB. I bricked my BIOS attempting to flash it and I need a dump from an L530 too!
                post the backup of the bios ... the original bios of the laptop ..
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

HI!
                  I have attempted a BIOS mod for my L530 (legacy) with the well-know ch341 EEPROM method on linux, but it didn´t work. My laptop doesn't turn on any more. The dump is just rubbish.

It is unresponsive to the power button (no fan starting). I measured voltages across the motherboard (16.8 V and 20.4 V), but the battery is not charging (no LED on the screen and no voltage at the pins).

I now would like to try to overwrite it with the BIOS of another L530 before buying a new BIOS chip.

Comment

I tried to flash the dump suggested in this thread. What I get is:

Code:
                    flashrom v1.2 on Linux 5.8.0-45-generic (x86_64)
                    	flashrom is free software, get the source code at [url]https://flashrom.org[/url]

Using clock_gettime for delay loops (clk_id: 1, resolution: 1ns).
                    	Found Winbond flash chip "W25Q64.V" (8192 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi.
                    	Reading old flash chip contents... done.
                    	Erasing and writing flash chip... FAILED at 0x000b6000! Expected=0xff, Found=0xae, failed byte count from 0x000b6000-0x000b6fff: 0x382
                    	ERASE FAILED!
                    and continues with many others FAILED at 0x000b6000. Why can´t erase it?

I am starting to think I am looking at the wrong chip! I am targetting the Winbond w25q64bv using the CH341a, but in some pictures and in the BIOS modding of the W510 I found that people are targetting a ps08a. Which one is the right one? If the w25q64bv is not the right one, what am I looking at?

Comment

May I ask you how you got the flash chip to get detected?
                      When I'm attaching a chip clip to the SPI flash chip with a CH341a Programmer, I just see RUN LED lighting up constantly. RUN LED is connected to the CS line, so Chip select is active.
                      This may be due to the Embedded controller being powered by the 3.3V I supply on VCC and jams the SPI bus.
                      I then tried with RaspPi and if I use piscope to check I/O on the data lines, I see permanent traffic on MOIS/MISO/CLK, so EC jamming the SPI bus may be a plausible explanation.
                      Is there anything I can do besides desoldering the chip, which I'd like to avoid?

Comment

It seems that the CH341A doesn't provide enough bower to power the whole circuit, flashing with a RaspPi with a new chip clip finally worked without any issues.

Comment

thanks bios uploaded tested it works.....

Comment

Originally posted by ridamouh159 View Post
                            try with this dump
                            thank you

Comment

is there a bios for Thinkpad L530 with disabled white list ?

Comment

Originally posted by serviza View Post
                                is there a bios for Thinkpad L530 with disabled white list ?
                                Hello,
                                Тhere was a development on my problem.
                                I went so far as to extract the body in which the check is made for
                                "error 1802: Unauthorized network card is plug"
                                but I lack the knowledge to edit the assembler code.
                                is there anyone who can help?

Comment

How to extract Lenovo bios file CMD.
                                  I Have extra the first exe, the next it was WINUPTP.exe only trying to install not extract with /writeromfile or writerombin. How can I use CMD to complete the job.
                                  please teach me

Comment

• SMDFlea
                                    SMDFlea commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    You want to extract the L530 update ? ,where is the link to the update.

Originally posted by kamkooltech View Post
                                  How to extract Lenovo bios file CMD.
                                  I Have extra the first exe, the next it was WINUPTP.exe only trying to install not extract with /writeromfile or writerombin. How can I use CMD to complete the job.
                                  please teach me
                                  just a question on how to use cmd to extract lenovo bios file

Comment

• Vesko356
                                    Vesko356 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    You've been asked already to post the laptop model and link to the update!

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
                                    • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules.
                                Working...
                                X