X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

satellite L505 / lcd problem , maybe motherboard

Hello,
    i have a satellite L505 laptop with problem on the LCD monitor
    there are a lot of lines in the screen and some other weird things that make the monitor useless to work.
    in a few words you cannot see exactly what is displaying on the screen. the same happens even if i connect an external Vga monitor.
    i haven't tried an HDMI monitor because I don't have any at the moment but i believe i will have the same results.
    (i dont have any photos of the screen to show you because i took out the motherboard of the laptop to check it)
    i didn't saw any problem like corrosion or burnt components so i measured with a multimeter the capacitors around the northbridge and most of them was about 22 , 23 ohms and the multimeter was beeping.
    is this an acceptable value for these smd caps or there is a short circuit somewhere ?

if you have any other suggestions for what might be the problem please tell me. this is an old computer that i don't use and is good opportunity for me to learn more about troubleshooting motherboard problems.

thank you.

Re: satellite L505 / lcd problem , maybe motherboard

Originally posted by jimmiscom View Post
    Hello,
    i have a satellite L505 laptop with problem on the LCD monitor
    there are a lot of lines in the screen and some other weird things that make the monitor useless to work.
    in a few words you cannot see exactly what is displaying on the screen. the same happens even if i connect an external Vga monitor.
    i haven't tried an HDMI monitor because I don't have any at the moment but i believe i will have the same results.
    (i dont have any photos of the screen to show you because i took out the motherboard of the laptop to check it)
    i didn't saw any problem like corrosion or burnt components so i measured with a multimeter the capacitors around the northbridge and most of them was about 22 , 23 ohms and the multimeter was beeping.
    is this an acceptable value for these smd caps or there is a short circuit somewhere ?

if you have any other suggestions for what might be the problem please tell me. this is an old computer that i don't use and is good opportunity for me to learn more about troubleshooting motherboard problems.

thank you.
    Video chipset with problems, or detached from the motherboard ...
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Working...
    X