Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp Probook 455 G3 DAX73AMB6E1 blinking charge light, not turning on

Originally posted by BlueMidnight View Post
    The next thing is to get it recognized by your PC. After you plug it in, it won't know how to use that device yet. You'll need to install the driver.

The Colibri software posted above contains the newest driver. You'll need to use 7-zip to extract everything before trying to run the installer. The driver you want is in a file beginning with "CH341PAR". Run the setup program is inside there.

Once the driver is installed, you can move on to checking out the software.

Check out both programs if you wish. NeoProgrammer is probably the simpler of the two. You'll have to set the language to English in the menu though.

After you get to this point, we will need to work on connecting the test clip to the programmer correctly.
    I'm a few days behind, I'm still working on modifying the programmer. I need to lift power pin 28 on programmer.

It's a pain in the a__

Comment

While heating it with the soldering iron, use something stainless steel that solder won't stick to (e.g. dental pick or screwdriver) to gently lift it. And, of course, never attempt to lift the pin with the iron itself. It may help to add some fresh solder first to aid melting. Once it's lifted up a bit, you can remove any solder bridge by using flux, desoldering braid, and or a solder sucker.

If you really must, you could even just clip it off. But you'd need to make absolutely sure you leave enough of the pin to solder to. Add some fresh solder before removing as much solder as possible to expose the full length of the pin, clip off the bottom of the pin near the pad, and then use the soldering iron to sweep the cut-off bit away.

Comment

While heating it with the soldering iron, use something stainless steel that solder won't stick to (e.g. dental pick or screwdriver) to gently lift it. And, of course, never attempt to lift the pin with the iron itself. It may help to add some fresh solder first to aid melting. Once it's lifted up a bit, you can remove any solder bridge by using flux, desoldering braid, and or a solder sucker.

If you really must, you could even just clip it off. But you'd need to make absolutely sure you leave enough of the pin to solder to. Add some fresh solder before removing as much solder as possible to expose the full length of the pin, clip off the bottom of the pin near the pad, and then use the soldering iron to sweep the cut-off bit away.
        I'll give this a try, probably going to need a day or so.

Comment

I should be finished up with the mod this evening.Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by rccrasher65 View Post
            I should be finished up with the mod this evening.Thanks for your patience.
            Going to need a week or so to finish the mod of the programmer, I've had out of state relatives here for the last 4 days, so I could not work. If there is anything else I can do in the meantime, let me know. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

There's nothing more to do until then.

Comment

Will probably be done on sunday, company leaving for Texas on sat.Thanks!

Comment

bump! lifting this pin is being a pain in the A-- need to walk away! I will eventually get this.
                  Last edited by rccrasher65; 02-09-2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rccrasher65 View Post
                    bump! lifting this pin is being a pain in the A-- need to walk away! I will eventually get this.
                    Bump!

Comment

Did you lift the pin?

Comment

working on it, It's been a mad house at my place for the last few weeks. I'll get back at it in a day or so. Thanks for your patience. Had some long over due remodeling done after relatives left. Had to wait because of the Covid virus.

Comment

Hi recrasher

Here you have an tutorial how you must do the modification.

Maybe it will help.
                          https://youtu.be/-ln3VIZKKaE

Best regards

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
                            Hi recrasher

Here you have an tutorial how you must do the modification.

Maybe it will help.
                            https://youtu.be/-ln3VIZKKaE

Best regards

Steve
                            thank you very much.

Comment

Did you lift the pin?
                              Modification is a success. 3.3V on data lines. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

What will be the next step?

Comment

That's great. Your firmware chip's input protection diodes will thank you.

Now, the next step is to test reading some chips.

Have you attempted to install the software for the programmer? Check the previews posts by Stevedb and myself.

After you have the software working...

Try reading the chip on one of those other boards. Try using the clip first.

The dot and/or notch on the firmware chip indicates pin 1, so pin 1 of your clip should face that way. You can tell which wire goes to pin 1 because it is the only red one.

Make sure you line up pin 1 all the way back to the programmer. Plug it the right way around into the little adapter board (pin 1 to pin 1). Then plug the adapter board into the socket on the programmer. Lift the lever, insert the pins, then close the lever.

Use the guide drawn next to the socket. You are reading a "25XX" firmware chip, so place the pins of the adapter into the socket on the side closest to the USB port, and face pin 1 toward the opposite side (i.e. pin 1 will be near the middle of the socket).

Then, try attaching the clip onto a firmware chip. When properly clipped onto the chip, the clip should stand straight up and down without leaning. Just open the jaws, press it down flat against the board, and then release the jaws until they grip the pins of the chip.

Regardless of which software you use, press the button to identify the chip (confirm it matches what you see written on the top of the chip itself). Then, tell it to read the chip and see if information shows up on the screen.

Comment

Thank you, it will take awhile to sort through all this. Still having trouble opening Rar files, Probably because I don't know how to use program properly.
                                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-10-2021, 09:53 AM. Reason: removed full quote

Comment

Hey guys I'm going to have to put this programmer a side for a few weeks, having surgery on shoulder this week. I'll get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks so much for all the help!
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-10-2021, 09:53 AM. Reason: removed full quote

Comment

This thread is almost as long as War and Peace
                                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Alright, hope you have a smooth recovery.

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                          This thread is almost as long as War and Peace
                                          Challenge accepted

Comment

Working...
                                          X