60" LG 3D White Reflector Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60" LG 3D White Reflector Sheet

I have the TV apart, What is the procedure to remove the paper thin white plastic reflector sheet without ruining it? The sheet is glued on almost everywhere.

Alcohol works on the edges, but the area over the LED Strips is extremely difficult. Is Acetone too strong? I don't want to melt the plastic.

What chemical will work?

Would a heat gun work or hair dryer?
    Thank You.

Re: 60" LG 3D White Reflector Sheet

I would think a hair dryer would do the job.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I did one of these 60LN series and never again because of the glued down sheet. I would cut the strips out with a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
        I did one of these 60LN series and never again because of the glued down sheet. I would cut the strips out with a knife.
        Please tell me how you removed the glued reflector sheet?

This is my 3D TV LG60LA6200UA, I can't replace it. Time doesn't matter.

I mix Acetone and 90% isopropyl alcohol for flux remover. I don't know if acetone will melt the sheet.

Is the glue water soluble?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 27grains; 02-27-2021, 07:06 AM. Reason: Added picture

Comment

Try to replace LED with sheet on.

Comment

I would score along the strip and heat up the double sided tape under the strips. The thick lens strips use extra sticky glue. Without softening the tape, you would need a scraper and hammer.

Comment

What type of double sided thermal tape is used to mount the LED Strips?

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
                I am learning, everything is glued together, the white plastic Reflector Sheet is glued to the metal frame everywhere, under the Reflector Sheet the LED Strips have plastic round reflectors at each LED Bead & Filter Bead, it is glued to the strip and to the reflector Sheet.
                What I discovered is 100% Acetone will remove the glue and not damage or melt the Reflector Sheet. This is my Learning TV, I have removed all he circuit boards, switch and replaced the screws, I have a metal sheet with plastic glued to it, nothing to get damaged. I will use Acetone only outdoors.
                I wish I would have tried Acetone first, Goo Gone was a mess. Half done.

Comment

I received an email telling me to use a hair dryer to heat the plastic sheet to release the glue being careful not to overheat and damage the plastic sheet.

Comment

Working...
                  X