Need help with enabling dGPU support on Acer IPIMB-AR Rev 1.02A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with enabling dGPU support on Acer IPIMB-AR Rev 1.02A

Hello everyone. As the title says, I need help with enabling dGPU support on my Acer motherboard. It has a pcie 3.0 x16 slot which I would like to use with a gtx 750ti I have laying around. However, upon booting it up with the dgpu, the bios tends to crash. It just freezes at the Acer splash screen and becomes unresponsive.

Upon further research, I discovered that everyone with my motherboard faced this issue. Apparently, it was just not possible because the bios happened to be some hybrid of a uefi and legacy bios which led to dgpus having a tough time figuring out whether they should run in legacy or uefi support mode.

There actually happens to be a workaround for this. The bios needs to be tweaked a little. The PCI Rom Priority should be set to Legacy ROM.

This link: https://archive.org/details/gpu-fix-...ied-bios-image , actually shows how to do it. However, this guide is for the Pegatron 2AB5 and HP IPISB-CH2, which happen to very similar to the Acer IPIMB-AR. A friend of mine has the HP motherboard and the guide worked for him so I decided to give it a shot too.

I downloaded the AMIBCP Version 4.55 tool and used it to look at my bios and was greeted to an absolute mess. Almost nothing seems to be labelled properly and many things are just scattered everywhere in the bios. Most are just left empty. Anything PCI related is just missing from the Setup Configuration. However, all the necessary entries are available under BIOS Strings.

My knowledge about bios beyond this point is little to none so I would really appreciate it if someone could help me work this issue out.

The link provided explains the situation of my bios in detail so I would recommend reading that to get a better idea of what we are dealing with here.

Also, my motherboard came from an Acer Aspire M1935 and it has a Winbond 25Q64FVSIG bios chip, in case if that helps with anything.

I will upload a dump of my bios here. If in doubt, feel free to ask away.

Many thanks in advance and have a good day/evening.
    Attached Files
Working...
X