EFIBIN File MacBook Air A1466 (EMC 2632) 820-3437-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EFIBIN File MacBook Air A1466 (EMC 2632) 820-3437-B

Hi all, I need the CLEAN original EFI BIN File for the MacBook Air A1466 (EMC 2632) 820-3437-B ... Thanks in advance

Re: EFIBIN File MacBook Air A1466 (EMC 2632) 820-3437-B

Better post your original dump and tell what the issue is with it.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thanks., Cannot even read the BIOS Chip., its totally dead & in the BIOS Writer/reader it say no chip detected (NO CHIP FOUND). tried other chips & all works fine on this reader.

Comment

Serial number has to be edited and Fsys checksum corrected accordingly.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much... This is the first time I am going to program this BIOS. Just to verify & ask you that Serial number has to be edited and Fsys checksum in the HEX Editor?

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
            Thank you very much... This is the first time I am going to program this BIOS. Just to verify & ask you that Serial number has to be edited and Fsys checksum in the HEX Editor?
            Yes it does. check this useful youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poA8HByYqTM
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Very good knowledge youtube video for me & other too. Thank you very much

Comment

Very helpful & great youtube video presentation. Appreciate & thank you very much for making me understand....

Comment

Hi, I'm new on the forum.

Me too I'm fighting with MacBook Air Early 2014 bricked by Catalina upgrade (screen totally black, key combinations do not work).

I bought CH431A programmer and I build my own connector (very micro-solding challenge).

@mferna14
                  Did you try doing as https://youtu.be/Y7l6X51LQk4?t=124 ?
                  With this trick I'm able to detect the chip.

@piernov
                  I downloaded the firmware you posted (thanks for that).

Code:
                  strings 820-3437-10.15-clean.bin | grep EFI
                   EFI Version: 117.0.0.0.0
                  Here
                  https://eclecticlight.co/2019/10/08/...ing-version-4/
                  i read that the Catalina firmware should be 118.0.0.0.0 and here
                  https://eclecticlight.co/2018/10/31/...ing-version-3/
                  i read that 117.0.0.0.0 should be the last Mojave firmware.

Could you confirm that the binary you posted is from a working full-updated Catalina system?

I have also other questions for you, in order to solve my problem. Do I have to open new thread or I can continue on this one?

Thankyou,
                  Mapiro

Comment

A yeah it was from a Catalina beta, dated from the 11 august 2019 on my end, so it may not be the latest version, however it has APFS support at least. But it's from a working system.
                    You can at least flash it and try again the upgrade to Catalina, it's not supposed to fail every time.

If your issue is not related to EFI/BIOS then yes please open another thread (outside the BIOS section).

Comment

Thankyou piernov.
                      (BTW: I really liked your mac-videos on YouTube, after seeing them I searched for your contact to to ask you some questions, without success. By chance, I found you in this forum! ).

My CH341A detects the EFI chip only if I do as in the video I posted: internal battery disconnected, external power connected and then PC powered down by pressing power button.

This way I can read EFI more times, getting identical dumps, until I unplug the external power.

If I unplug and replug the external power, power off the mac pressing power button and finally try to read again the EFI, I get a EFI dump that is different from previous. The differences are not single sparse byptes, they seem to be in blocks. It seems that the differeces are around 1% of tytes.

Next reads are always identical.

1)
                      Is it normal? Each dump I have could be considered a "good" backup (ignoring the fact that the current firmware is bricked)?

2)
                      Could the EFI be in a infinite loop of attempts to complete a faulty internal-update-procedure ? (the mac died during Catalina update).

Mapiro

Comment

• FW downloaded
                        • Serial changed
                        • Flashing...
                        • Power reset -> Mac back to life!
                        • Reinstall -> Catalina update -> All is fine!

The "not last version" of the wirmware was an unexpected benefit because now I can see that Catalina updated again the firmware with the very-last release (118)

Thankyou very much for the support.
                        Mapiro

Comment

hi gays who can clear me this bin for macbookair 820-3437-A
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Perovski View Post
                            hi gays who can clear me this bin for macbookair 820-3437-A
                            try..
                            Attached Files
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

thinks pest for your help ui test and reply

Comment

Hi friend I have my macbook air dump bios bin file ..it starts but no display
                                i think is a bios issue please can u help me if there is a problem with the dump??
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elbtonet View Post
                                  Hi friend I have my macbook air dump bios bin file ..it starts but no display
                                  i think is a bios issue please can u help me if there is a problem with the dump??
                                  the posted bios is not ok ... try this ..
                                  Attached Files
                                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

hi pest i pupload your dump and now dead machine thinks any way have you other solution

Comment

Originally posted by Perovski View Post
                                      hi pest i pupload your dump and now dead machine thinks any way have you other solution
                                      try post # 4 ..

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                                        Serial number has to be edited and Fsys checksum corrected accordingly.
                                        Done that and got my mac back on track!

Thanks mate! you've made a new suscriber to your chanel

Comment

Working...
                                        X