Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some updates on Panasonic FR...

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd make this thread because I'm currently in contact with a rep from Panasonic Industrial. He replied to my email and said that the FRs I (we) have are most likely early production runs from their Malaysian factory, where FRs are produced. I'm referring to their rather slipshod sleeving, that looks like it belongs on a G-Luxon, not a genuine Panasonic.

I attached some pictures of the FRs I had, and I'm still awaiting a reply. I really want to use FRs but they look like dump, and I like to see something that looks legitimate if I'm paying top dollar for it.

-- I remember someone saying that perhaps Panasonic is actually making the caps now, and not Matsushita. Which MIGHT be true, but don't you think that they would atleast put Panasonic on them somewhere, or make their own logo...?

--Also, there are several other new Panasonic cap series that came out last year or this year (TP, EE), and they are branding with the matsushita logo, so I don't know why the wouldn't with the FRs.

In the meantime, I've been studying FR a bit...I attached a photo.

The FC and the FR are the same exact size. On the FC, you can see that there is a continuous strip of words running down the side. It starts with the Matsushita logo and then progresses with temperature, and then series (FC). On the FR, it seems that there is almost a "hole" missing for where the Matsushita branding should go. I could be making up bologna, but it seems that way.

Notice that the sleeving is even more snugly fit onto the FC than it is on the FR.

Cheers!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheLaw; 05-30-2011, 12:45 PM.

Re: Some updates on Panasonic FR...

Panasonic finally got back to me...

Well, sad news, I guess.

The Matsushita logo will no longer be printed on new series of Panasonic (Post 2009). The sleeve will remain black with white marking and white date code.

Reasons for these changes are apparently due to environmental regulations, though I think it is mostly due to cost.

This is fine, however, it makes considerably more easy and it will be hard to identify the capacitor in the first place.

I have suggested that "Panasonic" should be printed somewhere on the capacitor, not that they would listen to me...but it would be helpful.

Comment

I agree they should put some sort of logo or name.
      When my fr's arrived they look generic compared to their other caps.
      My pc
      CPU : AMD PHENOM II x4 @ 3.5Ghz
      MB : ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3
      RAM : Kingston ValueRAM 16gb DDR3
      PSU : Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro
      GPU : ATI Radeon HD 6850

Comment

More Panasonic FL FR comparison pics to enjoy.
        Attached Files
        sig files are for morons

Comment

Eckk....As others have said. They just look so cheap and nasty.

Comment

Panasonic HD, which is new. Notice they are not using the Matsushita logo. Actually writing "Panasonic"

They should do that on FR.

Comment

That the Matsushita name and logo is disappearing, isn't strange. Matsushita used to be the parent company of brands like Panasonic, Technics (if I remember correct) and others. Matsushita is the family name of the founder. A few years ago (maybe around 2008/09?), the corporation changed name to Panasonic, making the name Matsushita obsolete as a company name.

But I agree, some kind of branding on the capacitors would be preferable.
              ------------
              Be a mensch

Comment

Originally posted by sofTest View Post
                That the Matsushita name and logo is disappearing, isn't strange. Matsushita used to be the parent company of brands like Panasonic, Technics (if I remember correct) and others. Matsushita is the family name of the founder. A few years ago (maybe around 2008/09?), the corporation changed name to Panasonic, making the name Matsushita obsolete as a company name.

But I agree, some kind of branding on the capacitors would be preferable.
                Yeah I'm aware...but how hard is it to put some sort of branding on your capacitor? And wouldn't you want branding on it? The ink can't cost that much....

Comment

Working...
                X