Need L1117 voltage regulator for Intel D865GVDS (Dell) mother board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need L1117 voltage regulator for Intel D865GVDS (Dell) mother board

I have a dead, dead, very dead motherboard from a Dell computer. It is an Intel D865GVDS. It had an extremely hot voltage regulator feeding the BIOS area, obviously bad. Other L1117 voltage regulators on this board not running hot. Problem is that I can't find a replacement part. Info I have found indicate that this is a variable voltage regulator. All of the L1117 series regulators I can find are fixed voltage.

So....any information or help (other than trash it) would be helpful.
    Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Re: Need L1117 voltage regulator for Intel D865GVDS (Dell) mother board

Maybe what you're looking for?

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksea...=0&ptm=0&fid=0

Comment

Are you sure the voltage regulator is bad or is the problem? If you are getting the correct voltage out it may be another part that is bad or shorted that is overloading the problem regulator. Of course you may need to try another one to check this, which puts you back at square one of needing a new one.

Comment

Hot as it was, I am sure the chip is a goner....as to what else may be wrong.....don't know yet. But thanks Jetadmin - you have pointed me in the right direction.
        Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

Remove regulator from the board and test it with a load. Also check resistance on the pads on the board where the regulator was to see if perhaps some other component is shorted. SMD multi-layer ceramic capacitors LOVE to go short circuit.

If you determine the regulator is bad, let me know. I have a few 1117 regulators from various boards. Not sure if any are adjustable, but I can check. Can ship you one in a mail envelope easily.

Comment

Thanks momaka, but I have already ordered from Digikey - all of 63 cents plus a little first class postage. I have lost the chip which I took off the board, but will be checking the other components around it very carefully.

Comment

Working...
            X