Clear All

Re: Packard Bell Easynote TE LA-7912p Rev 1.0

Originally posted by aanan View Post
    schematic.
    Thanks but I have both .2 and .3 schematics I just cannot find rev 1.0

Comment

Originally posted by Bisketti View Post
      I was not getting the 3vs to the chip so I removed it and the 3vs was present on the pad of pin 1 shortly after that I was measuring the 3v supply to the pch and I got a short on th b+ line and it turned out pq29 had become short circuit which was strange as pu9 is still out of circuit. This is becoming an ordeal
      The problem is that from version 0.2 to 0.3 removed U2006, 3valw to 3valw_pch, which they might have replaced with another fet in version 1.0. Try to find a fet that there is not in 0.2, 0.3 version. Is J11 on the board? Check resistance to ground on both sides of R618 or R630 or R653 e.t.c. which ever smt is in the 3valw_pch rail.

Comment

Yeah J11 is there and . I dont have the boardview either and the resistors are not marked either which is a pain. i found a component possibly resistor reading dead short to ground on the back of the PCB just behind the PCH. I will remove it tomorrow and see what happens. I cannot even find the proper boardview and schematic for to buy.
        Thanks for your input

Comment

Are you having any 3.3v without pressing power button on any recognisable smt (that is on the 3valw_pch rail)?

Comment

Its impossible without the correct schematics. One observation that may help with the mystery is
            1. J11 has +3valw_pch when you apply power to the unit immediately 1/4-1/2 amp of current is drawn. PCH heats up and will continue to do so unless powered on or switched off from mains.
            2. When button is pressed fan spins as long as PCH isnt too hot, then shuts down.Current drops to 0amp (no short, although +3valw_pch voltage is still present on J11?)
            3. Press power button and on fan, no heat on pch power led comes on but no boot.Just switches back off again.

What would the PCh switch on during initial power applied, thats no switched 2nd boot attempt ??

Comment

I was goign to try swap the kbc but I believe the KBC9012qf needs to be programmed, this needs a special programmer if anybody has any recommendations.

Comment

There are currently of two programmers I know.

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...BCb-F5S2RRekxA

and

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...mC4WXpcRND9-yA

but I think you can do it if you have a spi adapter that you can solder on and with the help of KB9012 datasheet like this one

http://en.agreetao.com/taobao/view/id/37908468856

And if you google you will probably find someone selling you pre-programmed KB9012 for your board

Comment

Atsio many thanks for your time I will check those out.

Comment

does anyone have files to programme the kbc

Comment

hopefully help
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by piernov; 11-02-2019, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X