Dell Dimension 9200C Re-cap advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Dimension 9200C Re-cap advice needed

I have an 'unreliably operating' Dell 9200C in for evaluation. Circa 2007 I think. I've found a few bloated and leaking caps that need replacing, all the others "appear" OK.

The scenario is as usual, small form factor case with all the components crammed together. All the vents blocked up with enough fluff and dust to choke a horse.

Bad list

4x Rubycon 6.3V - 2200uF MCZ series
    4x Rubycon 6.3V - 220uF says ZA - (ZL?) series

I'm having a job finding close electrolytic replacements, can anyone help please, I've spent over an hour searching and no real result I can confidently order.

I DID come across these in Poly, do you think these would be OK ? I'm still new to this level of repair and after reading posts regarding matching poly to electrolytic I'm not sure I'm getting it right.

PLG0E222MDO1 by Nichicon for the 2200's
    647-RR70J221MDN1 by Nichicon for the 220's

Many thanks

Re: Dell Dimension 9200C Re-cap advice needed

Get the Ruby replacements from here (BCN). You don't specify a size (diameter/height) for the 220uf, or even where on the motherboard these caps are located (pics would help), so its difficult to recommend.

Comment

Apologies, as follows..

6.3v - 220uF 6.3x11mm imp-0.077ma - ESR ?? - ripple-670ma

6.3v - 2200uF 10x20mm imp-?? ESR-11 - ripple-2770ma

from Rubycon Datasheet

I can't provide pics right now, sorry, but they are all grouped by the northbridge heatsink and CPU with the exception of two 2200s by the mem slots. It obviously gets toasty in there.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

For the 6.3V 2200 uF MCZ, these should work great:
          http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...JvD1BKiPrc0%3d
          given that this is a hot "mini-oven" computer, polymers would be a good idea, IMO.

As for the 220 uF, I think these should also work fine:
          http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...baZ1qGzbXkU%3d

Or you can go to the badcaps.net store and find the same or very similar replacements as your original caps.

Comment

This one's on hold for a while ( I like the polys Momaka it's where my head was in the beginning, thanks !) I opened the PSU 'just to have a looksee' and found over half the darned caps in there are bulged or vented. I ordered a quick replacement from Newegg for the time being. I love adding extra hours to small fixes. Not. I'll play with the original in the future if I get the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gariarto View Post
              This one's on hold for a while ( I like the polys Momaka it's where my head was in the beginning, thanks !) I opened the PSU 'just to have a looksee' and found over half the darned caps in there are bulged or vented. I ordered a quick replacement from Newegg for the time being. I love adding extra hours to small fixes. Not. I'll play with the original in the future if I get the time.
              For future reference, this model sometimes has UCC KJG and KZJ caps that go bad without bloating, especially in SFF and USFF PCs, replace on sight!

Comment

Working...
              X