MacBook Air 1466 820-3437-B abnormal behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Air 1466 820-3437-B abnormal behavior

I am working on a Apple MacBook Air 1466 820-3437-B logic board. There was a slight liquid spill near the L7095 coil on the PP3V42_G3H rail. Cleaned it well, now it turns on fine, fan spin is normal, I see the folder, display is perfect. Now the issue is that when I install the SSD, the logic board turn on, fan spin all the time without the normal check (Fan spin, stops, again spin then stops & then fan spin continously & the logic board start to work normal). & there is no display at all. I checked the SSD on another good unit, its 100% fine, but on this unit it gives this error. I checked the main power rails, all seem to be fine. Does anyone know what be causing this abnormal behavior? thanks

Re: MacBook Air 1466 820-3437-B abnormal behavior

So when there is an SSD inserted in this machine it doesn't POST? Do you have another SSD to try?
    Can it boot properly on an external drive?
    You can try to run ASD too.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Yes when SSD is inserted, no post at all... I tried with another SSD, still the same... but surely can try with external HDD.. From where will I get the ASD for this Air?? is it on the net??

Comment

Have you checked the ssd port (inside) on the motherboard or the pins of it for corrosion ?

Comment

Working...
        X