Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12v 1uo941243c Relay repairable?

Originally posted by redwire View Post
    First you would troubleshoot and fix the blowing fuses problem, why are you now suspecting the relays? Look for the short circuits instead of wasting time here.
    thanks but after the fuse was blown I no longer have any power through so I can't find the source and then it would be good to know that those relays are working properly. what I understand from your post the relays have nothing to do with the fuse or am I wrong

Comment

Check the connector to the ECU that's behind the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
        Check the connector to the ECU that's behind the battery.
        The ECU on this car is located with the wiper motor I took out and it looks almost like new even inside. Don't you guys know how to test these multi pins. relay? Because with all the help that petehall347 has contributed I still have some relays that I don't know their purpose just because supposedly they handle multiple things at the same time

Comment

i wouldn't be messing with all that stuff . instead i would be getting it running then see if anything isnt operating properly .
          did you fix the rpm sensor yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
            i wouldn't be messing with all that stuff . instead i would be getting it running then see if anything isnt operating properly .
            did you fix the rpm sensor yet ?
            it's right what you say but when I don't get power to the sensor and ignition coil and also not to the fuses 28,32and 34 which all have ignition to do then I go crazy

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
              The ECU on this car is located with the wiper motor I took out and it looks almost like new even inside. Don't you guys know how to test these multi pins. relay? Because with all the help that petehall347 has contributed I still have some relays that I don't know their purpose just because supposedly they handle multiple things at the same time
              That rules out the direct connection to the ECU but I don't think it's a relay causing your fuse to blow and three error codes.
              I think there is a large connector behind the battery check that.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                That rules out the direct connection to the ECU but I don't think it's a relay causing your fuse to blow and three error codes.
                I think there is a large connector behind the battery check that.
                they do not blow anymore now there is no more power flow and it 3fuses

Comment

f34 .. Y102 Intake manifold air control solenoid
                  f32, Y3 Injector
                  f28,, M12 Fuel pump
                  looking like a crushed or burnt loom somewhere . cant see those 3 being shorted at same time .
                  those fuses get power from K20 Fuel pump relay . so that is at least partly working and probably just fine . .

Comment

f34 .. Y102 Intake manifold air control solenoid
                    f32, Y3 Injector
                    f28,, M12 Fuel pump
                    looking like a crushed or burnt loom somewhere . cant see those 3 being shorted at same time .
                    those fuses get power from K20 Fuel pump relay . so that is at least partly working and probably just fine . .
                    then maybe relay k20 not working properly which is 7 pins relay that i do not know how to test just to eliminate it. do you know how to test it

Comment

k20 will be fine .its providing power to the fuses that are blowing . somewhere i suspect there is a short inside the wiring loom . or the fuse box is somehow shorting to the chassis .

Comment

Look at the relay it should show up the pins are with numbers on it tell you what is common normally open normally closed and if has more than one set of contacts

I am not trying to be mean but you should know how to test a relay and what the symbols are for a relay because if you do not you are going to have a very hard time trying to get this car running again

By me saying that if you have all the skills that you need it difficult enough troubleshooting issues like this to being with in the first place so you have to get the minimum amount of skills first before you can even being to troubleshoot this issue

Like Peterhall347 said in the post above you are going to have to find out why this fuse is blowing before you even being to figure out why this is happening

And I can tell you that unless the relay is shorting to ground it is not going to be the relay however you need to make a test light jig so you power the output side of the relay to see where you do not have power anymore

The first thing I would do is unplug everything that is on that circuit that is blowing fuses ( then remove the fuse and use the test light jig ) and plug in one device at a time and when your test light is very bright then you more than likely have found part of your problem but you might have more than one problem

When you can put a fuse in that does not blow and you have power across the fuse then you have made progress on the issue at hand

I hope this helps you with your issue that you are having
                        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 10-01-2022, 05:35 PM.
                        9 PC LCD Monitor
                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                        1 Dell Mother Board
                        15 Computer Power Supply
                        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

i do this work to put food inside me . its good to have the wiring diagram . mostly i have to work without . some things can be fixed in 5 minutes even after someone else tried for hours first and they are fully trained on the machine . . i know i keep doing it . saying that it has to be totally stock to fix quickly or it can be hours to put things back where they go and finding the original broken wire etc .

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                            Look at the relay it should show up the pins are with numbers on it tell you what is common normally open normally closed and if has more than one set of contacts

I am not trying to be mean but you should know how to test a relay and what the symbols are for a relay because if you do not you are going to have a very hard time trying to get this car running again

By me saying that if you have all the skills that you need it difficult enough troubleshooting issues like this to being with in the first place so you have to get the minimum amount of skills first before you can even being to troubleshoot this issue

Like Peterhall347 said in the post above you are going to have to find out why this fuse is blowing before you even being to figure out why this is happening
                            it's the 3 from the right on picture 2 on post 79 maybe you can figure something out to tip me off thanks

Comment

k20 will be fine .its providing power to the fuses that are blowing . somewhere i suspect there is a short inside the wiring loom . or the fuse box is somehow shorting to the chassis .
                              they are not blowing anymore because no power to them

Comment

PN = negative side
                                50 Z = is your control power
                                50 A = is your positive side
                                Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 10-01-2022, 05:42 PM.
                                9 PC LCD Monitor
                                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                1 Dell Mother Board
                                15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

ok so the 50 amp is blown . f5 .. or k20 missing .

Comment

then why only those 3 fuses if the box is shorting to the chassis? note fuses are not blowing they get no power

Comment

You got a serious issue if you blew a 50 amp fuse
                                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                      1 Dell Mother Board
                                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
                                        then why only those 3 fuses if the box is shorting to the chassis? note fuses are not blowing they get no power
                                        Because you have to go back to where those fuses get power from this a common practice to have a high amp fuse then have smaller fuses down steam

Like I said earlier you need to have basic troubleshooting skills to able to do this troubleshooting

One note if this power is going through a relay there is a possibility that the contacts could be damaged because of the short that you seem to have
                                        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 10-01-2022, 05:49 PM.
                                        9 PC LCD Monitor
                                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                        1 Dell Mother Board
                                        15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

ok so the 50 amp is blown . f5 .. or k20 missing .
                                          where are those high amps fuses location d int se any this week realy funny

Comment

Working...
                                          X