Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP Spectre X360 DA0Y0DMBAF0 cap identification !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Spectre X360 DA0Y0DMBAF0 cap identification !!!

Hello,

This is my first post, let's go !!!

I have a HP Spectre X360 with a blown cap and one of the trace for that cap is missing, I think. My motherboard is DAOYODMBAFO Rev. F, of all the boardview files I downloaded, none match mine, not the same for that area on the motherboard where the cap is missing, near the ssd connector.

I just need to know the value of that cap and most important, where goes each end of that cap. I want to solder temporary an electrolytic capacitor just for testing purpose. I attach a picture of the missing cap and the boardview that don't match my motherboard, even if it's the same model ???
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-28-2022, 10:45 AM. Reason: DA0Y0DMBAF0

Re: HP Spectre X360 cap identification !!!

Originally posted by guizmo1967 View Post
    Hello,

This is my first post, let's go !!!

I have a HP Spectre X360 with a blown cap and one of the trace for that cap is missing, I think. My motherboard is DAOYODMBAFO Rev. F, of all the boardview files I downloaded, none match mine, not the same for that area on the motherboard where the cap is missing, near the ssd connector.

I just need to know the value of that cap and most important, where goes each end of that cap. I want to solder temporary an electrolytic capacitor just for testing purpose. I attach a picture of the missing cap and the boardview that don't match my motherboard, even if it's the same model ???

can you clean that area bit more and check? When I compare those 2 images, I noticed that all other parts are same except the blown area. may be Its not just only a cap. may be both cap and resistor. to confirm that try to compare the boardview with other components as well. also test their pin connectivity using continuity mode and compare with boardview. if everything match we can make sure that Im correct or not.

Comment

That's from a good motherboard !!

The bottom pad is GND but where goes the top pad (trace gone, I think)??
      Attached Files
      Last edited by guizmo1967; 09-26-2022, 08:31 PM.

Comment

That's from a good motherboard !!
        Are you sure about the motherboard model number you mentioned???

Anyway you also can measure value from the new motherboard.

Comment

Well, I don't have that motherboard, the picture is from the net, but I removed that blown cap myself and it was about that size !!

Comment

Well, I don't have that motherboard, the picture is from the net, but I removed that blown cap myself and it was about that size !!
            post a picture showing the model number

Comment

here it is !!
              Attached Files

Comment

to where that fried cap connected?? one end should connect to ground. what about the other end? is it connected to current sense resistor??

Comment

Re: HP Spectre X360 DA0Y0DMBAF0 cap identification !!!

On my motherboard, the pad (that is still there) is connected to pin 1,2,3 of PQ5 and it is ground. I THINK THE OTHER END OF THAT CAP IS CONNECTED TO CURRENT SENSE RESISTOR R010.

According to the schematic I have it's a 2200P/50V (PC25) that goes from pin 1,2,3 of PQ5 to a 2.2 resistor (PR96).

Like I said, the only boardview file I have is not the same for that area, like in the picture I uploaded !!!!

Should I tried to solder a 2200P/50V cap from the remaining pad to current sense resistor (R010) ???
                  Last edited by guizmo1967; 09-28-2022, 02:18 PM.

Comment

On my motherboard, the pad (that is still there) is connected to pin 1,2,3 of PQ5 and it is ground. I THINK THE OTHER END OF THAT CAP IS CONNECTED TO CURRENT SENSE RESISTOR R010.

According to the schematic I have it's a 2200P/50V (PC25) that goes from pin 1,2,3 of PQ5 to a 2.2 resistor (PR96).

Like I said, the only boardview file I have is not the same for that area, like in the picture I uploaded !!!!

Should I tried to solder a 2200P/50V cap from the remaining pad to current sense resistor (R010) ???
                    Yes Try it. seems like the size of the fried cap also similar to 2200p/50v.

waiting to see the progress

Comment

I don't have this value is stock, so I'll have to order and wait .....

Comment

I solder the cap and no light when I plugged the charger !!

Voltage of PU1 (BQ24715):
                        1. 19.1V
                        2. 19.1V
                        3. 17.8V
                        4. 19.9V
                        5. 3.3V
                        6. 2.725V
                        7. 0V
                        8. 0V
                        9. 0V
                        10. 3.7V
                        11. .606V
                        12. .759V
                        13. .758V
                        14. 0V
                        15. 0V
                        16. 5.98V
                        17. 5.8V
                        18. .759V
                        19. .759V
                        20. 18.92V

AND I NOTICE there is no voltage on VCC pin of many IC ???
                        No +5VS5

Comment

Your charging IC measures indicates a fault.
                          SDA/SCL is missing, ACDRV is not correct , should be 25V approx.

I'll suggest the following steps

01.Measure resistance between pin1-4/1-8/4-8 of dc in mosfets.
                          02.3V LDO seems to be absent. Verify it on 3V regulator. IF not present, then check resistance on 3V LDO.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                            Your charging IC measures indicates a fault.
                            SDA/SCL is missing, ACDRV is not correct , should be 25V approx.

I'll suggest the following steps

01.Measure resistance between pin1-4/1-8/4-8 of dc in mosfets.
                            02.3V LDO seems to be absent. Verify it on 3V regulator. IF not present, then check resistance on 3V LDO.
                            Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. From someone who has more than 4600 posts, I feel blessed !!! Thanks to you too harshana !!

I will look into your suggestions soon .....
                            Last edited by guizmo1967; 10-04-2022, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Resistance measure:

1-4 130 ohms
                              1-8 8M ohms
                              4-8 8M ohms

How many 3V regulator on this motherboard, is it PU7 and PU8 ? PU8 does not exist on the boardview I have !!

If PU7 and PU8 are not 3V voltage regulator, I have no idea where they are !!!

They are many Nets that begin with +3V
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by guizmo1967; 10-04-2022, 08:26 PM.

Comment

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-pcs-New-A...-127632-2357-0

Review the above link to note the shape of the parts used for PU7 and PU8.

Post pics of each for a confirmation.

Then using the part number ('AOZ1331DI') shared in the power up rail sequence document -> download the datasheet from the internet.

Proceed to measure the voltage levels on the respective parts.

Post all measurements.

Comment

Resistance between pin 1-4 is too low. De-solder the mosfet and check resistance out of circuit and on pads of removed mosfet. This will give you an idea whether the mosfet itself is bad or the resistance is related to PCB.

Comment

Attached is the datasheet.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. From someone who has more than 4600 posts, I feel blessed !!! Thanks to you too harshana !!

I will look into your suggestions soon .....

Hello,

you don't need to worry. mcplslg123 and mon2 are already on this thread. they are genius.

I checked your messages and also the diagrams on the internet. Here is my suggestion before start,

you should upload the schematics and boardview file you have to make sure all of us use same documents.

Its better to post images of your testing points to get an idea because we don't have 100% similar documents.

can you post images measuring DC in Mosfets as mcplslg123 mentioned and also measure resistance of all the coils and post.

PS: Find the attached PDF. Looks like bit similar to your Motherboard.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by harshana; 10-05-2022, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Nobody is born genius. We all learn from here. Interestingly you need to keep.learning as every other day we face a new model and changing technology.

It doesn't matter the person helping you has 4000 or more posts.This only indicates that the person is on this forum from a long time. There r members with less then 1000 posts but they r very capable. So just don't count the posts credited to a person.

Comment

Working...
                                        X