Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OOPS! HISENSE 50R6E accidentally ripped off a panel edge tab.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOPS! HISENSE 50R6E accidentally ripped off a panel edge tab.

Hey guys...Ruined my day today at a clients house. Had repaired his back light and was in the process of putting it back together when I slipped up and tore off one of the edge tabs. One on the left side about 3/4 the way down. TV worked and showed picture but about 3/4 the way down the screen there is a horizontal bar where the picture is very noticeably brighter. I remember hearing something about being able to rip these tabs off to fix certain panel issues. What are my options here? Thanks!
    Don't fear the repair...

Re: OOPS! HISENSE 50R6E accidentally ripped off a panel edge tab.

the only way is to rip all of those in same side and pray that the result is acceptable but for the honesty you would be better to buy another tv for the customer and resell that at cheap price..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
      the only way is to rip all of those in same side and pray that the result is acceptable but for the honesty you would be better to buy another tv for the customer and resell that at cheap price..
      It seems like the whole screen would become bright if I did that. Can you explain what these edge tabs are for and the theory behind tearing them off to fix a panel issue? If it did turn the whole screen bright maybe I could just turn down the brightness and it would even out?
      Don't fear the repair...

Comment

it seems like the whole screen would become bright if I did that
        where do you have read this? on the forums? i have never heard this but it have some sense... the vertical tabs are paralleled between the two sides, so if you leave all ones on a side the work is done entirely by the other side, since connections in a glass panel has high resistance obviously, the bigger is the screen the more are the problems ripping one side.. the gate tension must travel all the row long without degrading too much.. if the result is not acceptable one attempt could be reverse engineering the vgh,vgl power supply, by changing the feedback resistors and increasing the tension a little , maybe it improves but at risk of damaging remaining cofs..
        Last edited by Davi.p; 10-03-2022, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          where do you have read this? on the forums? i have never heard this but it have some sense... the vertical tabs are paralleled between the two sides, so if you leave all ones on a side the work is done entirely by the other side, since connections in a glass panel has high resistance obviously, the bigger is the screen the more are the problems ripping one side.. the gate tension must travel all the row long without degrading too much.. if the result is not acceptable one attempt could be reverse engineering the vgh,vgl power supply, by changing the feedback resistors and increasing the tension a little , maybe it improves but at risk of damaging remaining cofs..
          thanks for that explanation...and an idea of something further to do! the reason i supposed that it would make the whole screen brighter is that in the area where the 1 tab is removed, that is the result. the screen is brighter for that whole strip, horizontally.
          Don't fear the repair...

Comment

Working...
          X