Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Deere AM137667 components identification .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Deere AM137667 components identification .

what are these black things to the right of the ic chip . ? both test as shorted .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-07-2022, 10:38 AM. Reason: John Deere AM137667

Re: components identification .

The one on the left could be an ON semi 1SMB26AT3 ,marking ME https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...70e6d21d8e.pdf
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

S2g-13-f
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        The one on the left could be an ON semi 1SMB26AT3 ,marking ME https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...70e6d21d8e.pdf
        i found ME marking as an inductor .. will see if it measures any inductance .

Comment

ok i only just thought to look on the board for same marked components and found the same S2g one and it measures as a diode on the board . i need to remove it to know for sure .
          that leaves the other one marked ME . it doesn't measure any inductance so this might well be a shorted tvs diode as suspected .
          will see what pins it connects to on the ic chip if any .

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
            ok i only just thought to look on the board for same marked components and found the same S2g one and it measures as a diode on the board . i need to remove it to know for sure .
            that leaves the other one marked ME . it doesn't measure any inductance so this might well be a shorted tvs diode as suspected .
            will see what pins it connects to on the ic chip if any .
            I`m fairly sure its a TVS diode connected to the high side driver chip VND5050K https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...5759eb738e.pdf

3.2 Load dump protection
            D ld is necessary (Voltage Transient Suppressor) if the load dump peak voltage exceeds the
            V CC max DC rating. The same applies if the device is subject to transients on the V CC line
            that are greater than the ones shown in the ISO 7637-2: 2004(E) table.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

it doesn't seen to connect to that ic . i do know these are wired in series .. here is a pic with them removed . and yes i spotted the broke trace ..where the pass through is .. right where they join together .
              Attached Files
              Last edited by petehall347; 03-05-2022, 08:33 AM.

Comment

To me this board looks like shit with all of what looks like flux

What is the description of the device
                9 PC LCD Monitor
                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                1 Dell Mother Board
                15 Computer Power Supply
                1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                  To me this board looks like shit with all of what looks like flux

What is the description of the device
                  the stuff is potting compound shit . took ages getting it as clean as it is .. its a control box for john deere garden tractor . box id ..AM137667

Comment

what does it actually do?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                      what does it actually do?
                      main thing it does is short the ignition coils when ignition is off . also it controls things like the pto but only if interlock safety switches are switched on such as seat switch and brake etc . the older tractors just had relays and safety switches .the more modern ones have these silly boxes to switch the odd relay . some older ones than this i have fixed by simply replacing relay drive transistors or patching traces when the battery has been connected backwards .
                      these particular boxes seem to have a large fail rate and it would be good to find and fix whatever the weak spots are .

Comment

Why not do away with the this controller board and do like older version does it sense it only controller the PTO and ground the ignition coils when ignition is off make it simple to use and operate
                        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 03-05-2022, 05:45 PM.
                        9 PC LCD Monitor
                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                        1 Dell Mother Board
                        15 Computer Power Supply
                        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                          Why not do away with the this controller board and do like older version does it sense it only controller the PTO and ground the ignition coils when ignition is off make it simple to use and operate
                          because the person wanting it done will be selling it and its lots easier to deal with this controller unit than redesigning and wiring the whole machine which would cost more than a new controller . oh yes it also does the hours counter so that would need to be sorted as well .

Comment

now i have a problem finding the parts . RS dont appear to have them and none on ebay in this country . . are there any suitable subs ? https://uk.rs-online.com/web/zr/?sea...d%22%3Atrue%7D

Comment

does this look right one for 1SMB26AT3 ? https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/tvs-diodes/8062019

Comment

does this look right for the other one ? https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/schot...fiers/6291426/

Comment

bump

Comment

are these the correct ones .

1SMB26AT3,,,
                                    https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/tvs-diodes/8062019

S2g-13-f...
                                    https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/schot...fiers/6291426/

i do have a thread running but not getting replies . i could do with getting these ordered .

Comment

have ordered those parts anyway just in case i chose the correct ones .

Comment

Re: John Deere AM137667 components identification .

soldered parts in .. fingers crossed it will now work ..
                                        new parts aren't marked quite the same as originals .

Comment

Working...
                                        X