Fisher and Paykal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fisher and Paykal

Hi everyone, Any ideas on who would have the electrical schematics for Fisher and Paykal Washing Machines. I have a controller p7cp PCB 420767-2.2 that I would like to test before installing and apart from getting another controller from the supplier to test the components and compair, I was hoping that someone might have a site like ZXW for Appliances or a download of the drawings as a PDF or something similar. Help would be great.
    Respectfully
    Mojos

Re: Fisher and Paykal

Post a controller board in question we might be help you with out it
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Re: Fisher and Paykel

The Control Module has the following P7CP PCB 420767-2.2 and the model of the Fisher and Paykel Washing Machine is an MW512. I have attached the photos from my machine.
      Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

remove the 2 large capacitors at the top and find out why the tracks from the righmost one are corroded / heated - are they leaking???

Comment

What is the actual issue with this washer
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Oh Ok. Sorry, Sam. The water level lights don't behave as expected when setting the machine size.
            I press the power and wash temp button to enter the admin menu. Then I press the water level button to size the control board for the machine. As I understand the programming, the low, medium, and high lights should reflect the size of the machine? Low for 5.5kg Med for 6.5kg, and high for 8kg. When pressing the up button on the water level, the lights turn on as usual until I try to set it for a larger machine.
            At this point, I can not set the controller for a large machine.
            I can set the bottom light for a small machine and the medium-light for a 6.5kg machine by pressing the water level up or down buttons as expected.
            Sorry Making sense of this in words seems difficult - so I will try to explain it in steps.
            Step 1: Press the Power and wash Temp buttons.
            Step 2: Press the water level once, and the water level low light turns on.
            Step 3: Press the water level medium button, and the water level medium-light comes on.
            Step 4: Press the water level down button, and the water level low light turns off.
            Step 5: Press the water level up button, and the medium water level light turns off.
            The setting of the machine size as I understand it should be that the water level low light should be on, which tells the control board that the machine it is in is a 5.5kg machine - when the water level high light is on, that means the controller has is to be used for an 8kg machine, etc.?
            So that's the first issue. The second issue is when setting the wash cycle to heavy-duty, the wash cycle should light up all the lights on the wash progress section. Instead, it lights all but one at the very left.
            When the machine powers on, all the lights reflect that they are working.
            So when the wash progress lights won't all come on for the heavy-duty cycle, the controller does not recognize the machine correctly, or the controller has become corrupted?
            I have another exact machine here beside this one, and when the heavy-duty cycle is requested, all the lights turn on the wash progress bar.
            I hope this is somewhat understandable and not too confusing, but if you have any information, great.
            Hi STJ, I will look at the cap as I saw that corrosion and thought it might have been just some water or something. I put an ESR meter on those caps, and they test well, but I noticed that the rating is at 250v, but the shunt diode is pushing out 346v DC.
            I think they are underrated for purpose, but they are in every controller like this, so they must be sized correctly?
            Thanks for all your help.

Comment

they could be wired in series to handle 160v each

Comment

You might be right that the micro controller has some issues and it could very well be corrupt if that case then you would need a replacement controller board unfortunately unless there is a way to do a factory reset which I could not tell you how to do this unless someone knows how to do this
                9 PC LCD Monitor
                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                1 Dell Mother Board
                15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Oh, that could be it STJ. If I had the schematics from Fisher and Paykel I could check it out but as they have locked down this kind of information like it will destroy the world or something if the home repairer gets their hands on it, I cant.
                  Sam - I was thinking that might be the only option to move forward with the repair.
                  Thanks, heaps.

Comment

Working...
                  X