Amtech flux for reballing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amtech flux for reballing

I am going to buy a tube of Amtech flux on ebay, but there are 4 kinds for reballing, don't know which one is better for BGA reballing, any suggestion?

Amtech Gel Flux NC-559-V2-TF for BGA Rework
    Amtech Gel Flux 4300/LF-4300-TF BGA Rework
    Amtech Gel Flux RMA-223-TF for BGA Rework
    Amtech Gel Flux SYNTECH-TF for BGA Rework

Re: Amtech flux for reballing

Definitely get a no clean as you are not going to clean under the BGA!

Amtech Gel Flux 4300/LF-4300-TF is what I am using with no problems, it is reckoned to be the one to go for by those in the know.

Comment

Thank you godin!!!

Comment

The 559 version seems to be the best. At least that's what the professionals use.

Comment

Just try to avoid knockoffs..Everything below $15(for 10cc) isn't genuine..
          Last edited by Joun; 01-16-2012, 05:26 AM.

Comment

I use RMA-223 and it works great for the reball process! This flux is made in the USA so whatever you do, don't buy it from Japan or China. You will most likely be buying fake flux! Also another good company is Kingbo I have the RMA-218 and I like it for reballing but prefer Amtech but it's GREAT for just about everything else. Any which way you look at it if you're going with a no-clean Amtech flux you're getting a GREAT product, just make sure you buy it from a seller in the USA. Again, it's made here there is no reason to go out of the country for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter9DO View Post
              I use RMA-223 and it works great for the reball process! This flux is made in the USA so whatever you do, don't buy it from Japan or China. You will most likely be buying fake flux! Also another good company is Kingbo I have the RMA-218 and I like it for reballing but prefer Amtech but it's GREAT for just about everything else. Any which way you look at it if you're going with a no-clean Amtech flux you're getting a GREAT product, just make sure you buy it from a seller in the USA. Again, it's made here there is no reason to go out of the country for it!
              Yesterday i took more time to take a look on ebay, there are sellers from US & Canada selling the fake ones on ebay. I do a lot of research about the product and the seller before buying anything on ebay

Here is a detailed article about fake/genuine:
              http://ultrakeet.com.au/index.php?id...&name=fluxInfo

Comment

Thank you guys for the help!!

Comment

Originally posted by uligli View Post
                  Yesterday i took more time to take a look on ebay, there are sellers from US & Canada selling the fake ones on ebay. I do a lot of research about the product and the seller before buying anything on ebay

Here is a detailed article about fake/genuine:
                  http://ultrakeet.com.au/index.php?id...&name=fluxInfo
                  Oh wow!!!! I have fake flux! hahahaha! Well the stuff with the hologram is what I have! You know, it works GREAT I'm not going to lie! Thanks for the link and letting me know that I'm an idiot! LOL!

Comment

yea since there so many fake amtechs out there i just use kingbo flux, it works extremely well

http://kingboflux.com/

Comment

Where do you recommend getting 'Flux' from?
                      I noticed DigiKey carries flux but none of the two aforementioned brands; is the flux from them not good or recommended?
                      I'm about to do my first MB recap and would like to try using flux besides whats in the solder.

Comment

hye any advice for the good flux for attach ball and for reflow process? some user use amtech rma-223-TPF for attach ball some use no clean amtech LF4300 some use kingbo product and sometimes user plus with insat super flux. can share here what the best flux u all prefer.

Comment

I use Kingbo. Haven't even tried other brands, i'm fully satisfied.
                          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Wish I knew of the stuff I was using at Sony warranty, they took the dam stickers off the bottles. GITS!.. no residue and perfect for re-balling.

And Bucherest is an awesome place to live, I know because I drove around using the Google car!.

Comment

I am using the 559 too.. Tried the 223 but 559 is better. Avoiding the fake ones is a bit tricky.

Comment

Amtech Gel Flux 4300/LF-4300-TF BGA Rework
                                remember you only need a very small amount for best results, too much and your solder balls will be all over the place

Comment

Working...
                                X