No announcement yet.

Panasonic now selling VESTEL rubbish as their own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lapwing, thanks for the pictures; It confirmed what I pretty much already thought, they are not at all customised. I had hoped that, perhaps Panasonic would demand a better power supply design and panel choice. But no, it looks like the same shit that you'd get from Technika or Bush, only at a premium price. The VESTEL panel (probably based on Samsung glass, but bonded & assembled by Vestel) is the same crap I saw in the cheap 18 month old Polaroid, with the terrible gamma correction which makes everything look like a shitty oil painting.

They can't even print the back panel label with a high DPI so it looks all fuzzy.

Originally posted by rievax_60 View Post
    I thought that PFC is mandatory now. I can't see it.
    Not for something low power like this. 75W input from the mains. I think the threshold is around 80-90W. Technically it's not required until 150W or so, but to meet the stringent third-harmonic emissions standards you need PFC.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Re: Panasonic now selling VESTEL rubbish as their own

I have a 40" toshiba in now 16months old and almost every led backlight has failed. It seems that these types of bulbs always crack in the middle when they fail, what a helpless pos
      Picture showing the backlight array, bulbs with red dots above have failed.
      Attached Files
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
        I have a 40" toshiba in now 16months old and almost every led backlight has failed. It seems that these types of bulbs always crack in the middle when they fail, what a helpless pos
        Picture showing the backlight array, bulbs with red dots above have failed.
        Yeah, seeing a lot of those types fail. What was that about LED TV backlights being more reliable? LOL. Seems the CCFLs are, oddly, more reliable because being passive devices they rarely fail until wear-out.

A lifespan of 40,000 hours (to 1/2 brightness) for a CCFL backlight, with maybe 0.1% early failure of bulbs.
        vs a lifespan of 100,000 hours (to 1/2 brightness) for an LED backlight, but at a 5% early failure rate.

Hmm, which wins? Oddly, CCFL will probably last longer on average!
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

the led's are almost certainly being overdriven.

a friend has converted backlit tv's using the 12v strips on a 5m roll without them failing - ironic that diy is more reliable!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            the led's are almost certainly being overdriven.

a friend has converted backlit tv's using the 12v strips on a 5m roll without them failing - ironic that diy is more reliable!!!
            Yeah, either that, or they have bad thermal engineering, or both.
            Like this cree LED bulb I took apart, the MCPCB that the LEDs were mounted on had a little bit of space between the heatsink and the MCPCB. There was no thermal grease either. No wonder the LEDs failed!
            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

All my customers I advise to go with plasma or an older lcd that will be ccfl, seen too many failed leds absolute junk, and argos wont refund the customer when they fail
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

argos needs to have it's ass kicked, dont they understand that under European law those tv's have a MANDATORY 2YEAR warranty???

Comment

argos needs to have it's ass kicked, dont they understand that under European law those tv's have a MANDATORY 2YEAR warranty???
                  Only mandatory enough if the consumer finds the receipt and knows about this. It's not widely promoted, of course, most people believe they only have 28 days to return it! I've bought plenty of TVs off guys who've lost the receipt; Had they still had the receipt, they'd have no problem.

In the UK, the SOGA law gives you 6 years warranty -- if you can show it is unreasonable for such a product to last. Unfortunately, it's difficult to argue with retailers about this, although not impossible, if you're patient...

Comment

Argos I feel sorry for because you only need to go into a store to see how many tvs are being returned.

Comment

any idea where they go?

i know tesco sells returns that run to the staff at a large discount.
                      i know because i'v ended up with a lot of it for repair!

Comment

any idea where they go?

i know tesco sells returns that run to the staff at a large discount.
                        i know because i'v ended up with a lot of it for repair!
                        A customer said to ke that they said they will send off the tv to a technician but I have no clue where, maybe the Vestel factory no clue ???

Comment

more likely ebay or a skip.
                          the trade value of the tv is too low to cover transport & repair i suspect.

Comment

They go to companies like xsitems (they have an eBay shop) and/or get auctioned off, usually on large pallets; I've looked into buying a pallet, but it's several thousand pounds for one, and you MAY get just a bunch of smashed screens, so there's a lot of risk there.
                            Last edited by tom66; 04-02-2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                              They go to companies like xsitems (they have an eBay shop) and/or get auctioned off, usually on large pallets; I've looked into buying a pallet, but it's several thousand pounds for one, and you MAY get just a bunch of smashed screens, so there's a lot of risk there.
                              My mate Soltys uses digiland, if he gets one with a smashed screen they refund him for the whole tv.

Comment

I get enough tvs to be able to survive with out buying pallets, had 5 vestels in to day and some others like a beko and umc.
                                Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 04-02-2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

My mate Soltys uses digiland, if he gets one with a smashed screen they refund him for the whole tv.
                                  what, so how does that work? Buy a pallet of faulty TVs and they'll take back any smashed sets?

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                    what, so how does that work? Buy a pallet of faulty TVs and they'll take back any smashed sets?
                                    I think that he keeps the tvs untill the pallet has been fully collected then they are either swaped or refunded for the tvs.

Comment

I think that he keeps the tvs untill the pallet has been fully collected then they are either swaped or refunded for the tvs.
                                      That sounds too good to be true, but I'll have to have a look. Need more space though - probably next year...

Comment

Guys whats your thought on blaupunkt tvs? just saw local tesco selling 40in versions.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                          Guys whats your thought on blaupunkt tvs? just saw local tesco selling 40in versions.
                                          Vestel or UMC shit. Avoid.

Comment

Working...
                                          X