Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used this OWON B41T+ True RMS measurement, Bluetooth BLE 4.0 Android iOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used this OWON B41T+ True RMS measurement, Bluetooth BLE 4.0 Android iOS

Has anyone used this meter on Bluetooth and what did you think about how it works

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OWON-B41T-m...53.m2749.l2649
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Re: Has anyone used this OWON B41T+ True RMS measurement, Bluetooth BLE 4.0 Android

i'm sure i saw a video of that from the eevblog guy who murders meters.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsK...auTBsbg/videos

Comment

Re: Has anyone used this OWON B41T+ True RMS measurement, Bluetooth BLE 4.0 Android

The input protection is fragile, bare bones- on par with the ANENG, low end Unit-T multimeters. It died with a basic test, 233VDC in while turning the function switch, I think.
      Not sure how the Bluetooth App does.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
        The input protection is fragile, bare bones- on par with the ANENG, low end Unit-T multimeters. It died with a basic test, 233VDC in while turning the function switch, I think.
        Not sure how the Bluetooth App does.
        I saw this review I am just going to use it to track battery testing
        I will also just use the voltage or amperage meter part of for the most part

I know not to move the selector switch with the meter leads hook to any kind of power supply

But I want to do a modification to this meter to be able to use a non contact amperage probe I have a meter that I bought that can do this that I going to hack and see if I can get it to work correctly on this new meter

I will not use this meter on AC voltage of more than 50 volts

I want it more for data logging

I have a Fluke meter that has data logging but I do not want to login to my account to do this application because I do not want to be track for this kind-a application

Now Fluke clams that this only when you want to have your assets to be save on there sever and by the way you have to pay $240.00 a year for this service

I do not necessarily believe that this is the case so I am not going to even try to find out

The reason I do not believe this is because all of the time that I have used this software application the data is still there now I could delete the data but is it really gone
        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-12-2020, 08:18 PM.
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Sigrok is really good open-source free software to communicate with lots of test equipment. Very few wireless (only 2 right now) Bluetooth multimeters in there but lots of USB/RS232. You can do data logging with Sigrok, some Fluke products too.

ANENG AN-888/ZOYI ZT-5566 is a Bluetooth bench multimeter with audio, clock, speakers but I think they do not have the Bluetooth App finished for the DMM. Just audio I think. The DMM IC has an isolated serial data connection to the Bluetooth portion.

The OWON B41T looks like it's OK for your use. Battery life and the app's quality would have to be good enough.

Comment

I got my meter in the mail yesterday and I had to put batteries in for it to work it did not come with any

I used the app on my iPad and for the most part it works but it has a couple of issues that I have found so far

The first problem is

If you hit the select button on the app a few times in a row the app freezes and does not respond to any commands

The second problem is

If you try to use the voice announcement feature it either to slow or to fast and is very slow to respond to the slider bar on the app and the app crashes and closes

One note

To connect to the app to iPad is not the normal way you connect Bluetooth devices you DO NOT go to the device manger and select the device you have to connect it through the app “+” button and then it takes you to another screen and then you select the device name that you have name it on the app this is a little weird but it connects fast it is even faster than

the Fluke meter that I have this meter is a pain in the ass to get it to connect but with this app you also have do it within the app but you have to make sure that the device is showing up in device manger first ( this is the first time you use the app and the meter then it connects a little bit faster most of the time)

one other comment that pertains to this Fluke meter

I rate this meter app a 6.5 on a scale “0” to “10” on the app that is the FREE version

The one you pay $240.00 a year

I give that version a score of 8.5 to maybe 9.5 because some function of the application is like hard to figure out the order you have to do it for you get the right results

These are the problems that I have found so far

Right now I give the OWon meter app a score of 7

“0” being that app does not work at all
            “10” being that all the app function work correctly

I hope that app developers fix these app issues then this app would be a lot better
            Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-16-2020, 09:28 PM.
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
            X