best value induction heater diy style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best value induction heater diy style

wondering if anyone can guide me through the minefield of diy kit induction heaters ? its for mainly hotting up seized nuts on cars etc .
    i see by design these things can fail pretty quickly if badly designed .
    maybe some of you have and use one that can be recommended to me ?

Re: best value induction heater diy style

just wrap some turns of the thickest copper wire you can find and then get a stepdown transformer to output a volt or 2 at some huge amperage.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      just wrap some turns of the thickest copper wire you can find and then get a stepdown transformer to output a volt or 2 at some huge amperage.
      what frequency ?

Comment

i dont think it matters.

Comment

After years of wrangling with rusty bolts on cars I bought a DeWalt DCF889. I've yet to meet something it can't undo.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            i dont think it matters.
            will the coil not get hot at 50hz ?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
              After years of wrangling with rusty bolts on cars I bought a DeWalt DCF889. I've yet to meet something it can't undo.
              i work on plenty of stuff thats so seized from rust even one of those wont undo the nuts/bolts without heat .
              i have a decent blowlamp but it tends to set fire or melt plastic and rubber parts close by .
              this is why i thought a decent induction heater that only heats what you want to get hot .

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                i work on plenty of stuff thats so seized from rust even one of those wont undo the nuts/bolts without heat .
                i have a decent blowlamp but it tends to set fire or melt plastic and rubber parts close by .
                this is why i thought a decent induction heater that only heats what you want to get hot .
                Fair enough, I should count myself lucky I don't have to work on such rusty stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X